Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had my 2015 (new shape) i40 for 7 months now. It has the premium adaptive headlights but I am having issues with them.

When driving around town in the dark on dip, my lights are occasionally giving a bright flash. This seems to be when I've done a slow manoeuvre, such as leaving a junction, roundabout or traffic lights and accelerating but I don't think its limited to this.

When it happens, the lights are on dip (in auto mode) and i get a burst of more intensive light for a split second. It is not the lights going into full beam and back as I have watched the dashboard and I have also compared this flicker to a flash. But my passengers think I am flashing a car.

Last night, I put the light switch control into just dip, not auto. I didn't see this flicker, but cannot be sure as I didn't drive for so long. However, when i was parked up, with lights on dip and in non-auto, the lights were moving a little, on the motor, not greatly noticeable and you certainly wouldn't notice when driving, but I'm sure they are not supposed to do this.

I know the lights do a fancy lowering and alter position etc when coming to a stop etc. This is not that. Its very different.

If any one can help or has the same issue, let me know.

Thanks

Barry

·
Registered
i40 VF 1.7 CRDi AT6 100kW
53 Posts
Have you given a thought that meybe is just the HID light when coming on? If set in normal mode, maybe for just a second the light sensor will give instruction to switch on the low beams. HID when comes on, initially blows full power for a millisecond and the will go back to very low and glow gradually until fully lit. Does it resemble with this behavior of the HID?
You can try to see on YouTube some scenarios of switching on some hid lights, to understand them better.
The other case would have been the cornering lights, albeit you have adaptive xenon, hence not applicable...

Cheers.

Sent from my phone.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts