Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everybody,

yesterday i noticed that the right rear brake light and high mounted brake light does not work when i press brake only the left one work, although the right tail light work well when parking light is turned on.
is it a matter of fuse or wiring cut, i appreciate ur help.

·
Registered
196 Posts
It is not a fuse, and is most likely the brake light bulbs burned out. We are seeing bulbs burning out on US models of 2006 and 2007 about this time. Both the regular brake light bulbs on my 2006 have gone. Fortunately the third one is still working. I understand it is hard to change. The others are easy.

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
QUOTE (nds @ Sep 26 2010, 08:31 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=358844
It is not a fuse, and is most likely the brake light bulbs burned out. We are seeing bulbs burning out on US models of 2006 and 2007 about this time. Both the regular brake light bulbs on my 2006 have gone. Fortunately the third one is still working. I understand it is hard to change. The others are easy.
There are several lengthy threads on replacing the so-called third or high mount brake light.

It is supposed to be a first rate bear to replace and may involve some cutting with a hole saw.

·
Registered
49 Posts
post #18 is what i used to change mine

a piece of wisdom from my adventures

the black housing for the bulb (#4 pic in post #18) has a long piece sticking out the end of it. If you remove this (sand down, drimmel) it is alot easier to reassemble the unit after the bulb change.. this means you can reconnect the bulb into the housing and then push that black bulb holder back down into the hole.. after that you can reconnect everything from the inside of the trunk...

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
QUOTE (jazzhands @ Sep 29 2010, 03:26 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=359559
post #18 is what i used to change mine

a piece of wisdom from my adventures

the black housing for the bulb (#4 pic in post #18) has a long piece sticking out the end of it. If you remove this (sand down, drimmel) it is alot easier to reassemble the unit after the bulb change.. this means you can reconnect the bulb into the housing and then push that black bulb holder back down into the hole.. after that you can reconnect everything from the inside of the trunk...
i was thinking why they make it long there is no benefit at all make it like this long, i think they make it like that just to be changed by themeselves only.

however i returned it back without removing the piece :banana:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts