Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear All;

sonata (2010-2011) 2.0l Korean made.

I have replaced rear bumper with new OEM (original bumper with parking sensor already installed) when connected the new cable to car plug the sensor not work , i have checked all wire , volts it's 4 wire (1red= +12v) (2 black=0 v) (1 orange = data ) .

is there any fuse or anther box to check or install??

the old bumper not has sensor before.

by searching on YouTube i found the sensor working with screen on dash but in my car it's not necessary all i thing is connect it to parking sensor box for modified sensor but i can't find scheme or diagram for OEM sensor

please help;

:confused::confused:

·
Registered
4,471 Posts
Did your car have the rear parking system prior to you installing the new bumper?

There is more to rear parking than just installing sensors. There has to be a brain part too.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for replaying , my car not have sensor before , it's has a sensor but not it orginal or not OEM install , 4 sensor with small black box and buzzer.

i need to connect new sensor with old box with buzzer , but i can't find any wire diagram

·
Registered
4,471 Posts
Thanks for replaying , my car not have sensor before , it's has a sensor but not it orginal or not OEM install , 4 sensor with small black box and buzzer.

i need to connect new sensor with old box with buzzer , but i can't find any wire diagram
Without a wiring diagram its just a lot of guessing.

I am assuming from your response you didn't have parking sensor prior and you are trying to install some now.

Are you trying to install OEM sensors? What are you trying to connect them to?

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Bear, I think he means that in the past when he bought the car it didn't have sensors so he had aftermarket sensors installed that had a little box that beeps the closer you get. But he wanted to install the original one which uses the DIC to show how close you are...

Ali, if your YF is Korean made then the DIC should have a 3-4" color LCD display. If it doesn't then you WONT have the icon displaying in the DIC.

If it is, then you might be missing a module box for the DIC.

Another question is IF you are using the OLD box with the OEM sensors, then why did you want to change?

·
Registered
4,471 Posts
Bear, I think he means that in the past when he bought the car it didn't have sensors so he had aftermarket sensors installed that had a little box that beeps the closer you get. But he wanted to install the original one which uses the DIC to show how close you are...

Ali, if your YF is Korean made then the DIC should have a 3-4" color LCD display. If it doesn't then you WONT have the icon displaying in the DIC.

If it is, then you might be missing a module box for the DIC.
Gotcha. Trying to figure out where he was starting from was confusing to me.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Guy's sorry for my bad English , i'm arabian not chines , what ever,

yefeng you are alright . my Korean sonata has aftermarket sensor and after i changer bumper with OEM pumber with sensor i'm confused how to connect the new sensor with car plug or old sensor box ( small black box with buzzer and 3 color screen with number of distance ,

·
Registered
1,684 Posts

yefeng you are alright . my Korean sonata has aftermarket sensor and after i changer bumper with OEM pumber with sensor i'm confused how to connect the new sensor with car plug or old sensor box ( small black box with buzzer and 3 color screen with number of distance ,
I know I know, was just kidding lol

Anyways, could you post some pics of your dash and the kit you are trying to install? can help us help you~

·
Registered
2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
2,285 Posts

Ali, I believe that the OEM sensors will not work with the aftermarket system. I had a Ford Fusion with the these (called Rear Park Assist) and it was an integrated system that used the screen between the gauges to tell you your distance as well as sending the "beep" through the radio. The OEM sensors have more wiring because of this.

You may end up swapping the OEM sensors in the bumper with the aftermarket ones. While it wont be as pretty (usually b/c aftermarket ones are not available in all colors), it will still look better than if you drill the holes in your original bumper. Or if you are up for the challenge, see if you can re-pin your OEM sensors to the aftermarket system's pinout. Again, its your choice.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts