Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2018, Hyundai i10 Comfort 1.0
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I upgraded my i10 Comfort with Bluetooth radio and phone control buttons on the steering wheel.
Unfortunately my car does not have a microphone already installed. So making phone calls is resulting in one way speech, because the other side can't hear me
Also voice control isn't working either.

I did some examinating on the connectors of the radio and I discovered that the wiring for the microphone is there.
It starts from connector M05B pin 10 is the red wire and pin 22 is the black wire
these wires go into the wiring loom and after 10cm these 2 wires are connected to a shielded wire
where the shield is somewhere connected to the chassis ground and the red must be the center wire.
I already tried a wiretracker but the signal disappears when I reach the shield.

The easy way is to cut the 2 wires near the connector and route a new shielded cable to the ceiling via the A style, but I like to keep it original.
Anyone knows where I can find this mic wire?
Somewhere above the ceiling?
I think the original mic cable is routed via the B style because on both A styles I did not see such a wire.
On the right A styleI think the antenne cable is routed and on the left probably only the interior light.
My car has steering on the left (European main land)

A picture from the connector and the cable from the radio where the mic cable is connected.
Finger Electrical wiring Cable Electronic engineering Electrical supply

Also a drawing where you can see the schematic diagram of the radio with the mic wires on the right.
the shielded cable has a note P.66 and the mic is labeled C.30-5
see the red arrows.
Rectangle Slope Schematic Font Line

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
17,134 Posts
the shielded cable has a note P.66 and the mic is labeled C.30-5
The number beside the 'P' is the number of the Photo showing the component's location within the car. In this example the location of connector MF11 can be seen in Photo 66, shown in the Component Locations section of the ETM (Electrical Troubleshooting Manual).

The number beside the 'C' is the page number in the Connector Views section of the ETM where the component's harness connector pinout can be found. So the microphone's connector pinout can be found on page 30-5 of the Connector Views section.

If you want to know where the microphone would be if the car was fitted with one, look at Photo 127 & 128 in the Component Locations section. I assume the two photos will show the mic locations for LHD & RHD models.

damted said:
I think the original mic cable is routed via the B style because on both A styles I did not see such a wire.
You could be right about that. The diagram confirms that the mic wiring does not route via the A pillars. The clue to that is the wiring passing though connector MF11, which is the connector joining the MAIN harness (dashboard harness) to the FLOOR harness. So the mic wiring routes along the floor, which seems odd. If it routed via the A pillar it would pass though connector MR01, which is the connector joining the MAIN harness to the ROOF harness.

If I helped you fix it, why not...

Your support is greatly appreciated

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Autospark for your answer.
It would be nice of I got such an ETM (Electrical Troubleshooting Manual). :)
Today I tried to find the mic cable somewhere above the "ceiling" but I did not find any extra cable there.
It could be that in one of the B style pillars this cable is hidden and put together because my car does not have a mic build in.

Is there a manual which gives the exact routing for these cables and the location of each connector ?
you would really deserve a coffee for that.

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
17,134 Posts
Is there a manual which gives the exact routing for these cables and the location of each connector ?
Yes, there is. The aforementioned ETM. Unfortunately I don't have the ETM for your car 😞

If I helped you fix it, why not...

Your support is greatly appreciated

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Today I routed a new shielded mic cable from the interior light via the A pillar towards the back of the radio.
I cut the 2 wires from the radio connector and connected them to the new cable.
The shield from the new cable I connected to chassis ground behind the radio.
The mic is placed in the interior light and everything works fine.
The only thing to do now is to drill some tiny holes in the glass for the mic which is inside the light housing.
Automotive lighting Trunk Bumper Automotive exterior Gas

The work on the wiring:
Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Electrical wiring Bumper Cable

The fully working result:
Radio Automotive design Vehicle audio Personal luxury car Satellite radio

Now with sound from my side also :)

P.S. I mounted the radio frame with less clips than before because they fit real tight and very hard to remove.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Update on microphone:
Light Automotive tire Automotive lighting Hood Grille

Slightly more volume and better sound.
Found this one on ali and this one matched the grey color and was suitable for Kia / Hyundai cars.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Small update:
For adding rear speakers I removed the Center pillar lower trim on both sides for getting access to the connector which leads to the back doors.
I did not find any microphone cable there routing to the ceiling on my i10. So routing a new cable via the front pillar is still the only option, instead of trying to find the original one.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts