Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, after about 70K miles on my 2001 GT 5-speed, the clock began working intermitently. Now, at about 70,500 miles, it rarely works. Usually, if it is going to work properly it will do so after starting the car, but it sometimes comes on after driving a while (but not much anymore).
Can anyone shed some light on what the problem might be? Loose wiring? Bad clock? I'd try to fix it myself than shell out major money to the Hyundai dealer.

·
Registered
1 Posts
may be due to loose wiring.

Originally posted by Ashlon@Jul 22 2004, 06:35 AM
Well, after about 70K miles on my 2001 GT 5-speed, the clock began working intermitently. Now, at about 70,500 miles, it rarely works. Usually, if it is going to work properly it will do so after starting the car, but it sometimes comes on after driving a while (but not much anymore).
Can anyone shed some light on what the problem might be? Loose wiring? Bad clock? I'd try to fix it myself than shell out major money to the Hyundai dealer.
[snapback]237[/snapback]​

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi everybody....i m also having some problem with the digital clock of my car....hope u people will hep ed me out....
All of the sudden the digital clock in the 2002 elantra just changed to 3 hours off. For this to happen, something had to power down, but what? Also, the buttons to reset the time won't work now either. Anybody have a clue and an idea on how to fix this?

Originally posted by eric@Jul 25 2004, 10:24 AM
may be due to loose wiring.
[snapback]342[/snapback]​

·
Registered
2 Posts
Originally posted by Benflex@Jul 26 2004, 03:03 AM
hi everybody....i m also having some problem with the digital clock of my car....hope u people will hep ed me out....
All of the sudden the digital clock in the 2002 elantra just changed to 3 hours off. For this to happen, something had to power down, but what? Also, the buttons to reset the time won't work now either. Anybody have a clue and an idea on how to fix this?
[snapback]392[/snapback]​

:huh: well well i am surprised ther are more people with clock problems
do you have also problems with the lights in the interieur
( i am sorry that my english is not so good, i hope you understan my qeustioning) :unsure:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Mine 2002 Elantra 1.8 also have the same clock problem, now most of the time not working. I had checked the wiring, no problem at all, checked the wiring when I change the air-cond thermostat.

However, dashboard light ok so far, my car ran 100k km so far.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Yes guys this is a common problem with the clock in these cars.
Unfortunately they will require replacement.
The problems are within the clocks themselves.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I too was having problems with the wife's digital clock and asked the dealership what the replacement cost was. I was told it would be $300 Cdn. I told the wife to ignore that clock and use the one on the removable radio/cd player

·
Registered
5 Posts
hi guys, my 2000 elantra faces the same problem on the clock . sometimes it runs slow 2 -3 hrs .

thanks for the info.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My clock also went dead after 3 years of driving. I think it is the problem with the clock itself and it costs $100 odd Sing dollars to replace it. So just forgo it and use your Stereo clock to display the time.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Dashboard clock on my 2002 Elantra GT began failing after 2 years, the delar determined it was an "open circuit" problem and replaced the clock free under warranty.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Seems like clocks on cars (any car) have always been a problem. Any old cars I have driven have never had working clocks. My 01' Elantra does the same thing -- sometimes works, sometimes doesn't. I don't worry about it too much. It works most of the time, but we just had a daylight savings time change here in the US and when I reset it, it stopped working for a day. Now it seems to be working again (most of the time).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts