Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am living in Malaysia,I am not very familiar with these cars but my best freind owns a 2003 Hyundai Matrix GLS . about two days ago his airbag light went on but the air bags seem to be fine, then today the Check engine light came on. Does anyone know what could be causing this? any ideas?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same 2003 Hyundai Matrix GLS . My airbag light is also on all the time.
Also waiting for any help....

Originally posted by rickie31@Jul 28 2004, 01:34 PM
I am living in Malaysia,I am not very familiar with these cars but my best freind owns a 2003 Hyundai Matrix GLS . about two days ago his airbag light went on but the air bags seem to be fine, then today the Check engine light came on. Does anyone know what could be causing this? any ideas?
[snapback]490[/snapback]​

·
Registered
146 Posts
Originally posted by jackwin@Jul 29 2004, 05:14 AM
I have the same 2003 Hyundai Matrix GLS . My airbag light is also on all the time.
[snapback]536[/snapback]​

Can't wait for miracle to happen
Why not send back to the Agent/Dealer for a check

·
Registered
21 Posts
Originally posted by jackwin@Jul 29 2004, 06:14 AM
[snapback]536[/snapback]​

I own a 2003 May Matrix too... Don't seem to notice the problem highlighted. Where's e airbag light ? Is it in front of driver seat where the brake light is shown ? If so, I do not encounter this problem. Think it's better to send to the dealer for confirmation since it's still under the 3 yrs warantty.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Originally posted by cherry@Aug 31 2004, 07:47 AM
I own a 2003 May Matrix too... Don't seem to notice the problem highlighted. Where's e airbag light ?  Is it in front of driver seat where the brake light is shown ?  If so, I do not encounter this problem. Think it's better to send to the dealer for confirmation since it's still under the 3 yrs warantty.
[snapback]980[/snapback]​

Hi Cherry
Only SG version got No Airbag.

·
Registered
56 Posts
sg 1 no sunroof,no cruise control,no cargo net,no 1st aid kit... <_<
Originally posted by cherry@Sep 4 2004, 05:20 PM
ohhhhh i see.... pai seh  :eek:    :lol:
[snapback]1039[/snapback]​

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Matrix Bro,

I find that our SG Hyundai Matrix is the worse of all in terms like what you had mention. I saw Malaysia Matrix got the most interior access than our SG Matrix. They had almost 90% of access the same as shown in the Brochue. For SG vision Matrix before you buy the car you see the Brochue and satisfied with it. But when you collect the car you find that its too late. Todate I had my Matrix with me for about 3 month plus and had went for MOD, Installation & Interior Decoration like Malaysia type Matrix it cost me SG $3000++ The worse thing is that the Agent would not tell you or rather hide from us that what are the things SG Matrix do not have!! Sometime I am sick of this Agent that their Customer Service is like ****!! There are no honesty from them especially those SUB AGENT (Not Komoco Showroom) their service is UNDESCRIPABLE. I even paid Garantee COE of $2000 to get my Baby Matrix out. :angry:

·
Registered
146 Posts
Originally posted by Jeffrey Ng@Sep 29 2004, 07:11 AM
Hi Matrix Bro,

I find that our SG Hyundai Matrix is the worse of all in terms like what you had mention. I saw Malaysia Matrix got the most interior access than our SG Matrix. They had almost 90% of access the same as shown in the Brochue. For SG vision Matrix before you buy the car you see the Brochue and satisfied with it. But when you collect the car you find that its too late. Todate I had my Matrix with me for about 3 month plus and had went for MOD, Installation & Interior Decoration like Malaysia type Matrix it cost me SG $3000++ The worse thing is that the Agent would not tell you or rather hide from us that what are the things SG Matrix do not have!! Sometime I am sick of this Agent that their Customer Service is like ****!! There are no honesty from them especially those SUB AGENT (Not Komoco Showroom) their service is UNDESCRIPABLE. I even paid Garantee COE of $2000 to get my Baby Matrix out.  :angry:
[snapback]1348[/snapback]​

Sorry to hear your plight.
I thought so the brochue did spell out *specification varies-European Models. At the point of viewing you may want to compare their "showroom car" which already had SG version and shoot all your 1001 question why the big difference in terms of pictures and reality.
You have spent SG$3000++++ just to match the MY Matrix version hhhhhmmmm?Sunroof Airbag.
I for sure knows that SG ver. had a semi-leather as freebies and some Agent will throw a tint film unlike in MY it is a no no.

Don't be angry no more Jeff just sit back and enjoy your ride
My 2 cents only

·
Registered
5 Posts
Originally posted by mytricks@Sep 30 2004, 05:17 AM
Sorry to hear your plight.
I thought so the brochue did spell out *specification varies-European Models. At the point of viewing you may want to compare their "showroom car" which already had SG version and shoot all your 1001 question why the big difference in terms of pictures and reality.
You have spent SG$3000++++ just to match the MY Matrix version hhhhhmmmm?Sunroof Airbag.
I for sure knows that SG ver. had a semi-leather as freebies and some Agent will throw a tint film unlike in MY it is a no no.

Don't be angry no more Jeff just sit back and enjoy your ride
My 2 cents only
[snapback]1366[/snapback]​

Some car manufacturer do that purposely due to so many factors. One of it is to play around with import tax structure for that particular country. They will take out the stereo, sport rims n replace with black steel rims, take out the aircond + heater and etc. This is due to declare lower price for that particular model at custom so that import tax impose will be lower and the price of the car will be competitive and support their margin. And again those parts will be retrofit at that particular country such as aircond/radio n etc etc. Furthermore your country have COE base on market values + demands.

Anyway as Mytricks said......enjoy yr ride bro...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Originally posted by pejoi@Oct 13 2004, 09:19 PM
Some car manufacturer do that purposely due to so many factors. One of it is to play around with import tax structure for that particular country. They will take out the stereo, sport rims n replace with black steel rims, take out the aircond + heater and etc. This is due to declare lower price for that particular model at custom so that import tax impose will be lower and the price of the car will be competitive and support their margin. And again those parts will be retrofit at that particular country such as aircond/radio n etc etc. Furthermore your country have COE base on market values + demands.

Anyway as Mytricks said......enjoy yr ride bro...
[snapback]1727[/snapback]​

And dun start comparing too....... you won't feel the frustration!
Spending SGD3000+ just to look good? I wld rather spend it else where like gadget for FC and petrol. :D

·
Registered
8 Posts
Originally posted by cherry@Oct 29 2004, 09:33 PM
And dun start comparing too....... you won't feel the frustration!
Spending SGD3000+ just to look good? I wld rather spend it else where like gadget for FC and petrol.  :D
[snapback]2134[/snapback]​

In one way, it is good that SG agents took out the items to make the price low ... for those who don't need them. But what I don't like is that the agent don't offer an option for guys like me who's willing to pay for the "extras" (e.g. Airbag, EBD and TCS etc)

Anyway, still waiting for my Matrix to come in ... :D

·
Registered
4 Posts
It's a common faults for the inital batch supply. It's due to the sensor. Have it change and the problem will be solve.

Originally posted by mytricks@Aug 28 2004, 04:10 PM
Can't wait for miracle to happen
Why not send back to the Agent/Dealer for a check
[snapback]943[/snapback]​

1 - 13 of 13 Posts