Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last year i purchased i20 2011 model for driving learning purpose, the thing is i m facing issue from very first day. Suppose i m driving at speed of 70+kmph and any bump or uneven road comes it disbalance from backside i dont know why this happening. on plain road it work fine but as soon as small bump or uneven road comes it disbalance from backside ( driver side left back tire) i have done everything like suspension work, changes shockaboserbers ( as soon as i changed shockabsorber it stopped but again in 2 or 3 weeks again it started same issue :(, Please let me know if anyone faced any such issues, i dont know why its happening

·
Registered
121 Posts
Hi skilledar
I drive a 2011 i20 and in the first 5 years Hyundai changed the shocks about 6 times with the same issues as yours as it would be fine then go bad.
Once the car was out of warranty I solved the problem to a large extent by putting on new rear coil springs and gabriel gas ryder rear shocks.
The i20's from 2008 to 2014 did not have a good suspension setup. This is a reason why I bought a accent hatch in 2016 which has high performance monotube rear shocks and does not suffer like the i20 over bumps.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi skilledar
I drive a 2011 i20 and in the first 5 years Hyundai changed the shocks about 6 times with the same issues as yours as it would be fine then go bad.
Once the car was out of warranty I solved the problem to a large extent by putting on new rear coil springs and gabriel gas ryder rear shocks.
The i20's from 2008 to 2014 did not have a good suspension setup. This is a reason why I bought a accent hatch in 2016 which has high performance monotube rear shocks and does not suffer like the i20 over bumps.
What should i do should i sell too :( its really heartbreaking purchased secondhand car from pocketmoney :( but now it giving problems on bumpy roads

1 - 5 of 5 Posts