Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First of all my car came without cruise control in the wheel then I bought the cruise control from car market for same Elantra 2013 that came with cruise

but after installation the cruise is not working it's only switch on the radio and off

please if someone can help respond to me.
Best regards.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
These modern cars are all computer controlled. Any cruse control has to have a connection to the brake lights, to turn it off and they have various safety features. So there are connections to various other parts of the engine/ECU, besides just adding the directional control. From one I see on the Internet, there are 3 separate connections to various controls. If just one is not right, it will not work. This aftermarket cruise control even states to use professional installation.

I would call the company first.

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
16,953 Posts
but after installation the cruise is not working it's only switch on the radio and off.
Just a thought but did you check that your airbag clock spring is compatible with cruise control? Maybe there aren't enough wires in the clockspring to carry the signals from the cruise control switches.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts