Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I took my car down to a local detail/paint shop having a guy look at a rock chip in my paint. While he was down there, he was inspecting other areas of the front fender and noticed the primer is showing through all around the fog lamps. It's most noticable in the deep groove that runs from the black "air vent" all the way around the fog lamp and up beneath the chrome grill. It probably wouldn't be noticeable on a lot of colors, but on my pearl white it is. I had noticed it when I was waxing the other day, but I didn't know enough to realize what it was. The guy said if it were his he would take it in to the dealer and ask them to resolve it (ie order a new bumper). Also, stated he has seen imperfections in new car paint, but never anything like this.

Just curious if anyone else can notice?

·
Registered
533 Posts
Pictures would be great. I would like to see what you are talking about so I can check my car as well. I have a light color as well.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i'll try to get pictures, but i'm lazy so it might not happen! haha....

i'll have to charge my camera first as i haven't used it in a year probably. not sure if it will be fully visible or not as it is in the deep groove running around the front end. also noticeable around the plastic house of the fog lamps. anywhere basically that is a "tight spot" to paint.

here is a picture in the mean time showing the main areas i'm talking about...

what you are looking for is basically you can see black primer showing through the paint. it kinda looks like charcoal has been rubbed on it

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
QUOTE (snapper41 @ Jun 3 2010, 12:35 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=329247
Is that area of the bumper just black ABS plastic under the painted surface ??
it very well may be, but either way i don't have enough paint on my bumper and whatever is underneath is showing through. i called my dealer and they basically said, " bring it in and we will either replace the bumper or paint it, whichever method hyundai approves to remedy the issue".

1 - 7 of 7 Posts