Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may be a dumb question to others but why don't cars have delivery and destination included. Why is all separated? At the end of the day 1+1 is still 2. Sure a car can be $20000+(pdi,enviro fees, dealer fees) Why not just make the car for example $22500. I as a consumer would like to see the price of an item advertised as an out the door price. It would be nice to see an out the door price on every thing that we buy as consumers. Yes I know its a marketing psychology thing we're paying the final price regardless of how many taxes and service fees/enviro fees.

·
Premium Member
2,198 Posts
This may be a dumb question to others but why don't cars have delivery and destination included. Why is all separated? At the end of the day 1+1 is still 2. Sure a car can be $20000+(pdi,enviro fees, dealer fees) Why not just make the car for example $22500. I as a consumer would like to see the price of an item advertised as an out the door price. It would be nice to see an out the door price on every thing that we buy as consumers. Yes I know its a marketing psychology thing we're paying the final price regardless of how many taxes and service fees/enviro fees.
Because the $20,000 is and sounds lower and gets you in the door. Once they have you in and after you've fallen for the car it's a LOT easier to start tacking on the fees.

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
They should provide the delivery charge information for the customer. This is set by the manufacturer but has to be factored in.

The "fine" print should be carefully looked at and if necessary compared to the window sticker. I've had to do that before when I couldn't reconcile the price with the advertised price. It may be there will be a "dealer pack" of junk added to the MRSP that skews the numbers. There is no requirement on the part of the dealer that he can't ask whatever he wants to get for it based on supply and demand. The MRSP contains the word "suggested" and should be taken literally.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
It is also much easier for national advertising to name one price and adjust it for the varying costs of delivery which depends on the dealaer location as compared to the factory or origination point within the U.S.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
In response to ActionMan. They could give each dealerships different pricing depending on how much it costs to ship to them. I'm sure the variance would be a few hundred dollars. My point is things in life should have all in pricing, that way a $50 item on the shelf is $50 at the checkout.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts