Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
1,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As many of you know, I have been going back and forth on a car for almost 6 months. I thought I had settled on getting a used first generation Santa Fe but I would feel uneasy about not having a warranty. With that said, I'm selling my Santa Fe to work or to our wholesale guy and I'll be buying a Tucson in the next couple months. I've decided on a GLS with PEP in Chai Bronze with black interior.

For those of you that have bought GLS's with the PEP, would you mind posting what you paid? This could go for any model too and we could have a price thread going like they have in the Sonata forum.

Any help would be great!

Thanks!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Aurora Blue GLS A/T FWD
Popular Equipment Package
Cloth floormats

The sticker was $22,590 (MSRP).
After negotiations, we agreed to $21,505.
Add in doc fee, taxes, and title, the total out-the-door was $22,955.00.

Got $1,000 for my trade-in (it was a beat-up clunker ready for the scrap heap; that $1k was generous)
Paid $1,000 cash
Financed $20,955

I had financing lined up before going to the dealer so I wouldn't have to deal with the dealer's in-house office and it was the smoothest auto purchase I've ever made, and much more transparent since all additional fees have to be disclosed and approved up front. I'm not sure if dealers are negotiating harder now, but when I bought, they couldn't keep the Tucsons on the lots so I got some price reduction but not a lot. Still, I consider it worth every single penny (and then some) of what I paid.

There was another thread -> here <- but it hasn't been updated in a while.

Good luck shopping!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts