Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 144 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In process of sealing deal now--thoughts??

MSRP is $39,880.
Negotiated down to $35,643.
Final OTD is $37,499.

·
Registered
25 Posts
In process of sealing deal now--thoughts??

MSRP is $39,880.
Negotiated down to $35,643.
Final OTD is $37,499.
Dang, you did a lot better than I did. I had basically the same MSRP, and agreed to $38,450 before tax, title, and license. Since Edmunds was showing the 2013's going for about $2,000 under MSRP, I thought I would offer them a little more than a $1,000 off MSRP. I thought I might have not been aggressive enough considering they accepted my first offer.

They said my car is not scheduled to hit port until December 15th.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Looks like Edmunds has 2014's listed now. They show True Market Value for our car as $38,972. Makes me feel better about my deal, although I'm still not sure how you got it for almost $2,000 less than me.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Just realized that my MBA graduation two years ago should allow me to get the $400 new graduate discount. So that should take me down to $38,050 before TTL.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Just realized that my MBA graduation two years ago should allow me to get the $400 new graduate discount. So that should take me down to $38,050 before TTL.
Absolutely. We saved $400 with my wife's 2012 Master's degree. We did the $500 Motozuma/Boostup incentive too.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Anyone else have a decent price to share? I'm talking with a dealer now for a Limited+tech MSRP $41,590 sales price $39,265. They need to do better than that.

·
Registered
25 Posts
So the dealership is now saying that if I take the $400 new grad discount, my loan's interest rate would go up from 2.34% to somewhere between 9% and 12%.

Does this sound correct? I've just asked if there is any requirement for holding the loan for a period of time, because if there is not, I plan to finance through Hyundai to get the $400 discount, then immediately refinance thru a credit union to get the rate in the low 2's. Thoughts?

·
Registered
4 Posts
So the dealership is now saying that if I take the $400 new grad discount, my loan's interest rate would go up from 2.34% to somewhere between 9% and 12%.

Does this sound correct? I've just asked if there is any requirement for holding the loan for a period of time, because if there is not, I plan to finance through Hyundai to get the $400 discount, then immediately refinance thru a credit union to get the rate in the low 2's. Thoughts?
Not that I'm an expert, but an additional $400 discount really shouldn't have any affect on the interest rate on your loan. To me, the discount is on the sales price and the loan will be whatever the sales prices is minus whatever the down payment is. Would your rates go up if you decided to put an additional $400 down on the car?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Thanks for your feedback, Viper. While that makes sense to me, the dealer's explanation was that if I take the new grad discount, then I must take the new grad interest rate.

·
Registered
244 Posts

I think someone on the forum did that after 3 months and it worked out for him. Don't remember the thread though.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Just got quoted $32,870 OTD for a 13 GLS, leather and navigation from a dealer 2 hrs way, local dealer is wanting 34,500 for a demo model.

·
Registered
187 Posts

That's what I did. I financed with Hyundai in September @ 3.49% to get the $400 grad incentive and another $500 incentive and refinanced with my credit union at 1.49% a few weeks later. I carefully read the Hyundai loan agreement and there was no language restricting when I could refinance at all. I did find out that the dealer doesn't get their $100 kickback if you don't hold the loan with Hyundai for 90 days, but that was their problem and not mine.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Wow, we really do get fleeced down here. I paid AUD$58,200 for my Santa Fe Highlander in November. That's over US$51k.
Not sure what the equivelant US spec is. The highlander is the highest spec in Aus and includes full leather, sat nav, panoramic sunroof and HID's.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I was at the dealer last night and was quoted $36995 for a 2014 AWD GLS with tech and premium. How does that sound?

I also just found out about the recent grad deal and I just got my degree on the 21st so I need to bring that up too.

1 - 20 of 144 Posts