Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Doing some price shopping on the 2011 sonata se in either gray metallic or indigo blue. Does anyone mind sharing how much they paid for their car, before taxes and etc? I live in NJ so our fees are of course different, usually higher, than many parts of the country. Looking to pick up the car before month end if I can agree on price with a local dealership. I test drove all models and the se is surely the winner based on handling. One thing I'm not sure of yet is the amount of road-noise as well. Any feedback on that aspect?

·
Registered
49 Posts
$23,083 for a SE with navigation/sunroof package, floor mats, wheel locks, cargo net, and sunroof wind deflector (not installed, but included). This is before tax, tags, etc. and without any possible incentives (e.g., owner loyalty, etc.), which we did not qualify for. We're in southeastern Pennsylvania.

·
Registered
277 Posts
QUOTE (BuCwiLd @ Oct 23 2010, 01:01 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=365663
im price shopping also for a purchase in november . best i have come across so far is for 21500 on a reg SE and 23,500 for an SE with Nav/Sunroof package

Isn't dealer cost $21,702 ??
You can get it below cost ?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I paid 21,900 before taxes and everything. I did not have a trade in either. I got a Harbor Grey Metalic SE w/out Nav. Sticker on it was about 23,900 came with Auto Dimming, Floor mats, cargo net, Ipod Cable, and something else cant remember.

·
Registered
59 Posts
$23500

SE with Nav/sunroof
floor mats
wheel locks

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
Visit the dealers you will see on there lot plenty of Sonata's. they are selling but the supply is plenty. I asked about the turbo too and was told by three dealers flat out that they are not going below msrp for them... im sure they will, but it will be tuff to get near invoice for that model until the supply goes up.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
each dealer currently has about 40 days of sonata supply. Also hyundai does a holdback which means the dealerships get paid for each car they sold, no matter what the price is. Also, around my area, there are a few dealerships who are trying to get #1 volume designation. As i was told by one of them. if they hit the next tear of supply numbers, the dealership will get an additional $500 PER CAR from hyundai. So if they sell on average 30 sonatas a month times 12 months and times 500 extra bucks you can see how it makes sense for them to hit that next tier.

The 2011 Hyundai Sonata GLS with floor mats
MSRP is $21,050 Invoice is $20,412 You can puchase this car for $18,412
Popular Equipment Package: $683

The 2011 Hyundai Sonata SE with floor mats
MSRP is $23,450 Invoice is $22,454 You can puchase this car for $20,454

The 2011 Hyundai Sonata Limited with floor mats
MSRP is $26,150 Invoice is $24,725 You can puchase this car for $22,725

the invoice numbers on these quotes are inflated by a few hundred bucks btw

·
Registered
73 Posts
I paid 23,500 for my SE with navi/sunroof at Brad Benson. They are a pain in the **** dealer to go to, but you can get a good deal if you play their stupid game.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Just picked up Limited tonight. No nav but w/ self-dim mirror, floor/trunk mats, mud guards, ipod cable. Dealer quoted me MSRP of $26,380. Got car for $23,476 before tax, license.

How'd I do on price?

·
Registered
23 Posts
QUOTE (jgreg32 @ Oct 23 2010, 11:49 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=365659
Doing some price shopping on the 2011 sonata se in either gray metallic or indigo blue. Does anyone mind sharing how much they paid for their car, before taxes and etc? I live in NJ so our fees are of course different, usually higher, than many parts of the country. Looking to pick up the car before month end if I can agree on price with a local dealership. I test drove all models and the se is surely the winner based on handling. One thing I'm not sure of yet is the amount of road-noise as well. Any feedback on that aspect?
If you are in new jersey come to lester glenn hyundai in toms river. In August I bought my 2011 se there for 21,590. Talk to Casey tell him you know Kevin McDermott and you get that price and i'll get my referral bonus :)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
kevinmcd324 and Naich, the prices you provided are without taxes and fees correct?

I stopped by Brad Benson on Saturday on my drive to Yardley, pa and **** they have a lot of cars on the lot!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I paid 19,100 +TTL back in March. Figured invoice, holdback, plus all the incentives (previous owner, military) that I qualified for. Went to Brown's Leesburg Hyundai in Virginia. They are a great dealer; excellent follow up service as well. Financing was a little tricky to begin with, but it panned out. Really satisfied.

·
Registered
277 Posts
QUOTE (jgreg32 @ Oct 24 2010, 02:20 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=365926
each dealer currently has about 40 days of sonata supply. Also hyundai does a holdback which means the dealerships get paid for each car they sold, no matter what the price is. Also, around my area, there are a few dealerships who are trying to get #1 volume designation. As i was told by one of them. if they hit the next tear of supply numbers, the dealership will get an additional $500 PER CAR from hyundai. So if they sell on average 30 sonatas a month times 12 months and times 500 extra bucks you can see how it makes sense for them to hit that next tier.

The 2011 Hyundai Sonata GLS with floor mats
MSRP is $21,050 Invoice is $20,412 You can puchase this car for $18,412
Popular Equipment Package: $683

The 2011 Hyundai Sonata SE with floor mats
MSRP is $23,450 Invoice is $22,454 You can puchase this car for $20,454

The 2011 Hyundai Sonata Limited with floor mats
MSRP is $26,150 Invoice is $24,725 You can puchase this car for $22,725

the invoice numbers on these quotes are inflated by a few hundred bucks btw
First of all, I don't know how I can purchase this car for $2k under invoice.
My local dealer even adds over $1k for interior and paint protection (which of course is BS).
I don't know if it makes any difference, but I am in south Florida.
Please share your knowledge of how I can negotiate $2k off invoice.

Are the prices you quoted plus freight?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
mr.wonderful,
prices include destination charge of $720. I really dont have any tips on getting the best price besides calling and speaking with the sales manager or fleet manager directly and pitting a few dealers against each other. Looks like phan was able to get the best price so far although over 1k of that was for college grad ($400 or $500 and military which is $600 i think.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts