Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I sold my old 06 NF, and now planing on getting GLS '13 Sonata.

One of my local dealers offered me 2013 GLS with popular package sonata for under $21k another for under $23k (including taxes and all the fees). I was just curious is this the bottom price? Why the prices are so different. How much did you pay for yours? How much should i expect to pay? What is the right price to get one today?

Thanks.

·
Registered
2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
2,286 Posts
For your area, that is probably a very good price. BTW good job on selling your NF vs trading, as they are not worth much to used dealers right now due to YF's coming off lease or from fleets.

Have you looked on TrueCar or maybe tried using a car shopping service (Sam's Club, Costco, etc...) They may be able to beat those prices, but be prepared to make concessions on things like color and options.

You should be most concerned with what YOU want to pay. That way you can better judge what price is best. Buying a car based on what others paid is only going to give you heartburn later on.

Just my two pennies..

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
Seems high to me. What does the sticker say? Have you checked Truecar and Edmunds. Personally, I would step up to the SE or Limited and then you won't be lamenting what you won't have with the GLS model. Have you looked at the options or the brochure.

I bought a new 2009 GLS and regretted it until the day I sold it with only $13K on the clock. I could have bought the SE for not that much more.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Selling the NF was an easy task, took me 2 weeks, 2006, GLS 2.4 with 118k miles on the dash sold for $5200 but the car was clean in and out there was nothing wrong with it. Did not want to sell in the beginning but did not want to gamble as well, since it was out of factory warranty.

Thanks for advises, I will get a car in DC area since I'm relocating there.That is the offer I got while talking to the sales person on the phone.

I will see the dealer tomorrow and hopefully will try to bring down the price of SE the price matches the lowest price on truecar.com but i see that they have a huge sale and I was talking about the cars that they have in their lot in stock.

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
Selling the NF was an easy task, took me 2 weeks, 2006, GLS 2.4 with 118k miles on the dash sold for $5200 but the car was clean in and out there was nothing wrong with it. Did not want to sell in the beginning but did not want to gamble as well, since it was out of factory warranty.

Thanks for advises, I will get a car in DC area since I'm relocating there.That is the offer I got while talking to the sales person on the phone.

I will see the dealer tomorrow and hopefully will try to bring down the price of SE the price matches the lowest price on truecar.com but i see that they have a huge sale and I was talking about the cars that they have in their lot in stock.
They may not have the SE on their lot so they may have to go get it. Car dealers always have "sales."

Sonata sales have been down in the past two months. The Elantra is their hot seller right now. This would be a good time to make a deal on a 2013. The 2015 models will have new sheet metal.

You can buy a car anywhere so I wouldn't confine it to where you live. All dealers must serve the public just as if it were bought there.

Make sure you get all the incentives and at least match the prices on Truecar and/or Edmunds.

Do not believe anything that you are told unless you have researched the subject yourself.

And I wouldn't set foot on the lot until you get something via e-mail or fax.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
There is one more question i have about financing the car. My credit score is in 740's is there anyway I can get 0% apr if i pay half upfront? This is first time I'm buying a new car, and first time financing.

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
There is one more question i have about financing the car. My credit score is in 740's is there anyway I can get 0% apr if i pay half upfront? This is first time I'm buying a new car, and first time financing.
There are probably deals close to 0% out there so check around. Just remember to get a monster deal on the purchase price because that 2013 model will be one year old in a matter of weeks.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
I paid just over 20 for my GLS but that was 3 years ago when dealers couldnt keep them in stock and I didnt have much time to shop. I've heard of folks on this board picking up new GLS' for less than 19k. Good luck.

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
I believe that is a pretty decent credit score. Not sure about the 0% financing. Check the Hyundai rebates to be sure. I got $2,500 in rebates on mine. Then I refinanced with State Farm for 2.64%.

In general one can't combine the 0% rate with the rebates but not always. If it is required that it be financed with Hyundai, simply proceed to do so and then refinance it after it is booked if it is to your advantage.

As I recall, we didn't pay anything up front. I bought two new Hyundais in the same week and the first one (the Elantra) was an outright buy without trade and there was nothing down. I wouldn't tie up my savings in a car unless one just can't stand the higher payments. If interest rates go up in the future which they assuredly will and it is higher than you can finance it now you will essentially be getting free money and the finance company doing the heavy lifting. Invest the money elsewhere.

·
Registered
57 Posts
May 2013 purchased my Sonata in PA GLS with popular package plus mud guards and wheel locks for $18.3K. Now that price before taxes included the following incentives: less $1,500 for borrowing minimum of $5,000 from hyundai finance; less $500 for trading competitive vehicle ('02 Camry got $3,250 in trade), less $500 military veteran discount.

It was a deal that I could not refuse and was only there to help my daughter purchase a new Elantra.

Happy hunting!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I went to dealer yesterday, the price of GLS with popular package including 6% tax + all fees = $20,650 - APR 2.9% - 3.9% (depending on my score). Called up NJ dealer, said he can do better, promised to get back to me with numbers shortly. I'm not in a rush right now, can wait for another couple of weeks to make a decision.
Limited edition if always $2,900 extra... =(

·
Registered
113 Posts
As most have said, it is an okay price. I got my 2013 Limited Turbo for $26800....of course the dealer was very desperate to sell a car and I caught them at month end. I also bought it last October as the new models were coming out. I think you could find yourself a GLS for less than 20k somewhere.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
As most have said, it is an okay price. I got my 2013 Limited Turbo for $26800....of course the dealer was very desperate to sell a car and I caught them at month end. I also bought it last October as the new models were coming out. I think you could find yourself a GLS for less than 20k somewhere.
Yeah, emailed my offer of $19,800 to my VA dealer, let him think about it.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
I paid just over 24,000 for my SE back in October. It has the appearance package and Dimension radio w/navigation, on top of dealer added stuff like pinstriping.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Yeah, emailed my offer of $19,800 to my VA dealer, let him think about it.
There is a dealer in Gaithersburg, Maryland (27 miles from DC) selling 2013 GLS w/popular equipment group for $19,374

For example, Fitzgerald Auto Malls Hyundai Sonata 2013

You could possibly use this as leverage in your negotiations with your dealer.

·
Registered
685 Posts
+1 here. But I got mine for 24k or 25k +tax+title.
End of model year. It was the last 2012 in the state :)
But it's a turbo and limited without navi but with pano roof.

·
Registered
685 Posts
I thought NAV and pano was same package - maybe just in 2013.
I thought so too until I bought my 12. I think they changed the packages on 2013 models. But mine came with pano roof and dimension sound. And I was told that was the standard limited trim for 2012. The only package it didn't have was the navi+backup camera.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts