Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when you guys think would be a better opportunity to buy Ultimate (canada) or may be Limited (US) with good discount - by the Xmas or New Year? Somehow cant go with the full sticker now...

·
Registered
54 Posts
Being that there's a backlog of custom orders waiting 8 to 10 months - I'd guess you're in for a long wait. MSRP would be my target at this point unless you're willing to fly/drive to find what you want and a willing dealer. That's what we're experiencing in the US.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Time is your friend. Wait tlll the prices come down, shop the end of the month. There will be a newer thing soon. Patience.

·
Registered
3 Posts
when you guys think would be a better opportunity to buy Ultimate (canada) or may be Limited (US) with good discount - by the Xmas or New Year? Somehow cant go with the full sticker now...
End of any month because of the way the dealers possess the cars. They usually pay monthly to have the cars on their lot.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I recently bought a 2020 Santa Fe but was considering a Palisade before deciding it was too big for my needs. However, in talking with the finance guy at the dealership he said only the "crazy, gotta have it now" types should buy the Palisade. He said regular folks should wait until Hyundai starts to offer incentives on the car and also to ask the dealership to kick in something too. Probably New Year sounds about right.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Feeling like we got really lucky with ours @ $2,150 off MSRP for the Limited FWD. Don't know that we'd be getting that now with dealers asking $1K to $5K over MSRP. Like every car this will subside. Saw the same thing with our Z06's. My 2016 was 20% OFF MSRP, my 2019 was 17% OFF MSRP. Just have to wait this one out if you haven't already found a dealer willing to go below MSRP. There is a dealer in Kentucky giving discounts if you don't mind a flight/drive.

·
Registered
940 Posts
Typically, you get better deals at the end of the month, and if you wait until the end of the year, then the deals should be even better, when dealers don't want to carry the current inventory to the new year. I bought a new Hyundai, finalized the deal and took possession on the 24th of December. The dealer was okay with all my asks and OTD price, plus gave me a giant trade allowance for my 14 year old car, just to close the deal. Start early and drag the negotiations along until late December.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Typically, you get better deals at the end of the month, and if you wait until the end of the year, then the deals should be even better, when dealers don't want to carry the current inventory to the new year. I bought a new Hyundai, finalized the deal and took possession on the 24th of December. The dealer was okay with all my asks and OTD price, plus gave me a giant trade allowance for my 14 year old car, just to close the deal. Start early and drag the negotiations along until late December.
Might not work with Palisades for a few reasons:

1) Inventory may not recover by December so pickin's may still be slim
2) If sales remain brisk in Hyundais eyes they may pull some current incentives. ( remember Hyundai planned for 25K units, not the current 60K run rate)
3) We received $500 conquest incentive, $50 test drive and 1.9% financing for 60mos.
4) Palisade is a 2020 model so dealers won't be trying to move last year's model.

·
Registered
940 Posts
Might not work with Palisades for a few reasons:
Might not, but in the age of the Internet, it's painless to search a bit, who knows what's out there, that's what I did. I found my vehicle 150 miles away after my local dealer said they couldn't find what I was looking for. Good luck.

·
Registered
27 Posts
If you can wait, wait. I just posted a thread about this. We are no longer in the Palisades market but will be in the purchasing market within the next 6 or so months. Depends on a few things. Anyway, you have to see where you stand when the time comes. Doesn't matter what vehicle, options, etc. Sometimes end of the year works out best. Sometimes waiting it out if you can, works just as good. I was reading an article a few years back. Winter purchasing can be tricky. Dealers may be more inclined to hold onto 4wheel/ AWD drive vehicles during winter months due to driving conditions. Sports/ convertibles tend to sell better in the spring/ summer months. So it depends on what you are looking for. I have a friend who only purchases RVs in the winter months and for cash. He has received some really awesome deals over the years. One dealer sold him his last trailer for nearly 45 % off when he bought it in the middle of January!
However C/SUVs are hot year round. So the discounts might not be as plentiful as they once where.

One other thing, I found this out from my insurance agent. The other day, I got some rough numbers on my replacement vehicle insurance costs. My agent stated over the last several years dealers have been making stronger pushes for leasing over buying. It clear to see why since they make the money from the leasing as well as the sale of a low mile used vehicle. However, as my agent put it, the manufacturers and dealers are not making as many incentives as they once use to for purchasing vs leasing. It seems to be an industry trend.

As for buyer's programs, I found many of the vehicle buying programs essentially a funneled and guaranteed sale for the dealership. Truecar is really a sales generation tool. Did it once. I got nothing but phone calls for 3 months from 5 dealerships asking when I am coming down to buy the car I selected. Purchasing programs also plays on the use of the customer not wanting to negotiate price. If any one has seen the trend in society, well... I am just going to keep my trap shut on that one :) However with cars, you just need to know you are in a range you want to be in. Doing on line research will help you.

Good luck!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I lucked out. Bought my AWD ultimate Aug 1 because a lease was up, dealer gave us specials based on a Santa Fe, so conquest + military, and then they said they'd match it, so an extra 1000 on top so he could clear inventory, not realizing we were negotiating over the Palisade. Ended up being 1700 below msrp.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts