Hyundai Forums banner

61 - 66 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Santa Fe Ultimate 2.0T AWD
854 Posts
Wow. Thanks for the picture.
This has already been mentioned over and over.
Maybe next time you could draw us a picture in crayon......would take more effort though.

What some of us are talking about is the timing being retarded in hot weather due to the 87.

If you have not experienced this you are one of two;
You drive your vehicle so delicately that you do not cause this issue......or you simply don't notice this happening.

Read.... Is Premium Gas Worth It? We Test High Octane on 4 Popular Vehicles

There are improvements to be experienced by running a higher octane in turbo and high compression engines.

Sorry.....there are.
Did you read the part of the article about the the one car in their test most similar to the SF?

There, the CR-V's zero-to-60-mph and quarter-mile times both tracked a tenth of a second slower on the expensive stuff. While fuel economy at 75 mph ticked up from 27.3 mpg to 27.6 mpg on premium, that's a 1 percent improvement for a 21 percent higher cost.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Did you read the part of the article about the the one car in their test most similar to the SF?
First, close only counts in horse shoes and hand grenades.
Second, that article makes no mention of ambient temperature, so it's not relevant:
What some of us are talking about is the timing being retarded in hot weather due to the 87.

·
Registered
545 Posts

There, the CR-V's zero-to-60-mph and quarter-mile times both tracked a tenth of a second slower on the expensive stuff. While fuel economy at 75 mph ticked up from 27.3 mpg to 27.6 mpg on premium, that's a 1 percent improvement for a 21 percent higher cost.
I did....so it must apply to the Santa fe.
A 1.5 honda engine.

I notice a difference in using 91 and my scan Guage notices it also.
Timing never get retarded when using 91, especially in the summer.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Did you all miss where the manual says “or higher?” It doesn’t say “only 87” or “no more than 91” it definitely says “87 or higher.” I would say the more important information is to use only unleaded fuels with no methanol.

·
Registered
2019 Santa Fe Ultimate 2.0T AWD
854 Posts
Did you all miss where the manual says “or higher?” It doesn’t say “only 87” or “no more than 91” it definitely says “87 or higher.” I would say the more important information is to use only unleaded fuels with no methanol.
And Geico can save you “up to” 15% “or more”. So what?

Using 91 won’t hurt your engine. nor 93; nor 94.

61 - 66 of 66 Posts