Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I have a 13 that I've had for a little over two weeks. I just noticed that the bolsters on both the passenger and drivers side are already showing creases/wrinkles and wear. I would not expect something like this on a two week old vehicle. While looking around, I also noticed that the backseat has dents and wrinkles in the bolsters on those as well, and nobody has even sat in the backseat yet. What should I do? Is this something warranty can cover? I bought the car at a dealership 30 minutes from me. There's a dealer much closer I could probably take it to if that's allowed, but I need to know what I'll be up against if this ends up being a warranty thing. Thanks.

·
Banned
532 Posts
Who are you going to take it to for warranty or maintenance work? That's the one you go to and build a relationship with, however if one DLR looks and tries to fix a problem and your not satisfied you can't go to the other for a 2nd chance. Dealers get reimbursed 1x for a warranty fix.

Personally, I'd go closer if it's a good, clean, reputable dealer and you should be able to get valet service home, within reason for those 2-3-4 hour fixes it's also much easier on drop off's & pick ups.

As for the finishes......the sooner the better, like Monday.

Please keep us posted and..........................:00000732:

·
Registered
45 Posts
How much do you weigh? :eek: jk :D Hope you get it resolved. I would think everything on the car is warranted for 1 year or perhaps longer, including the seats. +1 on getting the car into any Hyundai dealer to document the issue....the sooner the better. That will create a service request history. Hwy61

·
Registered
170 Posts
The leather in our cars appears to be engineered composite leather which in theory should wear as well as actual hides. I don't see an why actual failure would not be covered by the warranty but wear may be considered normal.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts