Hyundai Forums banner

Premature aging, wear and tear, on 2015 i20

1K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  Sjalabais 
#1 ·
Just checking in, is this a common look with your cars? Mine's a 2015 at 86000 km.

In addition to these details, I have sanded and repainted the rusted trailer hitch assembly, we had seats open at the seams, the car had two completely rusted rear calipers that were swapped with zinked ones and there are a few other quality issues. Among other things, the wind deflector for the panoramic roof has come undone and the radio is not working.

See less See more
#5 · (Edited)
We have i20 over here, indian built. I don't rate them for quality compared to some of the other Hyundais built elsewhwere but Hyundais are not always great for the interiors and switch gear as they age. The i20 one of their entry vehicles in my opinion. The paint can break down and flakes off some parts, I have not seen that on any of my Korean built vehicles. The leather covered products don't wear well at all especially the steering wheels and manual shifters since they are in use all the time. keeping them clean may help as I suspect the oil and grime off the skin probably breaks down the coating

#6 ·
It's true, we also have paint issues, and there's a fair bit of rust on different parts in the engine, too. I agree that it's an entry level car, yet, less than 90k kms and five years of aging should not yield such a result anyway. It's very visible and reduces the quality feeling of the car substantially.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.