Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so found out my sonata is a mismatch of parts from 01-03 as far as my hood assembly is concerned now i have a power steering leek. Is the return valve the steel and rubber line or is that the high pressure line. Also is this something i can replace in my driveway in a week? Saw a few techs on here and figured i'd check before I spend an extra 300 bucks if it's something i can manage in my driveway.

Thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
btw if your wondering this is a "2002" Sonata but I have parts from 2001-2003 on many of my systems when I look at the schematics. The parts guys at the local dealership were confused as well. Now I HAVE to remove the part and then compare it too a schematic so I can order the right one. I really just need to know if saving a couple hundred buck is worth it. I have 10 days to fix this after that I'm driving a friends vehicle too work or a rental.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
EF Sonata pretty much take same lines, except for the pressure line being different between the 2.4 and the 2.7 (pump location and attachment)

We pretty much keep the pressure for the 2.7 and the return tube in stock most of the time.. note that the same part number tubes is with Kia also...

Where is "West Milton" ??

Should be no confusion with parts at dealer, fella load your VIN into MICROCAT, he select part, and there be part number..

Pressure hose run from steering pump all way to spool valve on rack.. sold as 1 piece

Return line run from spool valve on rack,, across top of rack, along right frame rail,, all way to right front corner of subframe.. all 1 piece

Couple misc pieces to get from frame back up to resevior (them not typically stock, not leak problem in most respect.

A week,,, we only charge 1hr shop rate for change.. but we have rack too.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's north of dayton ohio. the problem i have is my vin number runs the wrong parts alot of the time. don't ask me it's rare but happens from what i've been told. Ok so I have a line that runs straight to the rack and is all rubber...That's the high line correct? the one that runs down infront of the radiator is my return? sorry I work on this vehicle alot I still have issues changing the calipers lol

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
if you can give me any advice i'd love it. I had this part replaced 4/5 years ago and if I can do it myself that will save me a ton over the next 10 years

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
You can use "EDIT" button up to 15 or 20 minute to add more to existing post.

Anyways, the pressure line from pump to spool valve is 57510-38010,, the return tube from sppol valve to corner of frame is 57560-38030,, these is the 2 main leaks we see all the time.

If local Hyundai not have on shelf, call local Kia dealer

Attachments

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
How we make out with hose ? Local Hyundai or Kia have your part ?

·
Registered
29 Posts
You can definitely get it done in a week. I was able to do it in about 5 hours in my front yard. I wasn't hardly able to jack the car up or anything so it took me forever. lol

Here's a tip. taking the front bumper off might make it a lot easier. My Replacement separated where the cooler tube met up with the rest of the hose. I only installed the longer part because my cooler hose was in good shape. connecting my cooler hose to the new return hose with the radiator and the bumper in the way was a huge pain.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts