Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a problem arise today with a 2002 Santa Fe GLS. My wife was out and got gas. When she went to start the car up, it would start, but would not stay running. She cracked the windows a bit to stay cool, then started the car and gave it a little gas to keep it going. That allowed it to keep running on its own eventually, but after that, the windows wouldn't work, any of them, from any switch. I checked the fuse under the hood and it was fine. I checked in the interior, but couldn't find a fuse for the P/W (am I missing it). I'm not quite sure where to start, and was hoping someone might have an idea. Thanks.

·
SENIOR MODERATOR
9,284 Posts
:00000732:

The fuse for the power windows is in the under hood fusebox. Check that and see what you find. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE (lovemysantafe @ May 2 2010, 01:31 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=318730
:00000732:

The fuse for the power windows is in the under hood fusebox. Check that and see what you find. :thumbsup:

That was the first thing I tried, and the fuse looks fine. Is there anything else along the circuit I can check before the wiring goes into the door, or is the next step to take the trim off?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I drove the vehicle to work today, and the windows worked right away. I'm not sure what could cause them to be completely unresponsive from any switch one night, then 12 hours later work just fine. A loose connection possibly? There have been a few electrical anomalie happening over the past few months. The first occurred when the blower motor was acting strange and was eventually replaced (along with a relay, I think). The day the SF was brought home, the locks would work right... they wouldn't unlock at all. We could manually unlock them with the key, but neither the remote nor the buttons would lock/unlock the doors. The next day, it was fine. Shortly thereafter, the windows wouldn't work, and were stuck down a few inches. The next morning, the windows worked fine. Then the lock issue happened again a month or two later. This time, they wouldn't work at all, and seemed to seize up if the button was pushed (you could here the mechanism running, but not stopping). You would go to unlock the doors and they would lock back up again instantly. I finally had some combination of close the door, put the key in the ignition, start, turn off, open the door, close it again (something along those lines) and the locks worked fine after that. Everything was fine again until last night when the windows were unresponsive, but now today are fine again.

And also, the check engine light is on, my guess is from what happened yesterday with it not starting. I checked under the hood and noticed the air filter compartment was not latched shut. I recently had it in for an oil change, so when they checked the filter, they must not have completely closed the compartment. I'm hoping THAT didn't cause anything serious.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts