Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I am trying to decide whether I have a reasonable expectation (and therefore a warranty claim) on this: In a new 2019 SF, six weeks old, 5000 miles, if there is rain or morning dew on the windows, lowering and raising them does not cause the moisture to be wiped away by the outside seals. Three out of 4 of my windows exhibit this (driver's window OK). Operating the windows while watching closely reveals that the glass bears towards the inside as soon as it starts to drop down, away from the seal and leaving a gap.

That's a very convenient way to gain visibility on a damp morning when it's time to back out of the driveway, and I was annoyed when I discovered that my new Hyundai wouldn't do this like other cars of mine in the past. Other Hyundai owners, do your power windows do better at this?

·
Banned
7,039 Posts
That's not abnormal. Wipe them off by hand.

·
Registered
848 Posts
some cars do, some don't. I don't think it's a defect if it doesn't. Just inconvenient.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have the same problem with my 2012 Santa Fe. As mentioned above, as you lower your window, put some pressure against the window. If you have passengers, have them do the same with each window. If you're solo, a squeegee before you get inside your car is the only alternative.

Good luck.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Personally, I pull off my small Windshield Wiper and use the Squidgy on it to wipe the windows with dew on them. Then put the Wiper back on.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts