Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
05 Tucson. The driver side window just started growling like it was going to quit, then I noticed that its out off align with the rubber moldings in the car door window and therefore is working real hard to try to push the window up in place. As I would expect, my 5 year warranty ran out 3 months ago, with about 30k on the vehicle. Really disappointing as I used the power window rarely. It looks like the only solution is to take the door panel off to see whats getting caught up and making it misaligned. I didn't find anything via a search on the subject here. Who's had the door panel off and what tips might you have about how Hyundai does this set up? Thanks

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Last try for someone who has had a door panel off on a Hyundai, any special things that would be nice to know before I start?

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
QUOTE (flyted @ Jul 12 2010, 04:23 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=341136
Last try for someone who has had a door panel off on a Hyundai, any special things that would be nice to know before I start?

Just take the door panel off, and have a look.. use a razor blade to cut the black goo between the plastic liner and the door, take your time so you have the liner to put back and help keep moisture out.

I dont think I have had pleasure of looking inside the Tucson door yet.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I finally got time to do this not fun job. The door panel comes off with about 8 screws. The door locks, speakers all have connectors that easily detach. The vapor barrier on the door is a mess as it has a very very sticky adhesive all the way around that will stick to anything it touches, its easier to do this on a warm day. The problem with my car was that the window glass slides along a rubber molding in front that had come out of its track. There was nothing keeping it in its track except the pressure of the window. Don't know how it came off or what will prevent it from happening again, I simply fished it back in place taking about 20 minutes due to the little space available and slow process of getting it in front of the window. It has worked now for a few weeks but even though I lubricated everything while I was in there, it simply doesn't feel/sound right. I dislike power windows for this very reason, in my experience they are almost always a problem after a few years. If done at the dealer I would expect at least an hour and a half labor charge.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts