Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 GLS with power windows and locks. I am trying to remove the driver power window/lock trim panel. I removed the screw in the recessed part of the panel and tried to pull upwards. No luck. Then I tried to use a screwdriver between the door panel and trim panel. I could not pop it out and did not want to break anything. Do I have to remove the whole door panel before I can get the trim panel out.

The reason for removing the panel is I want to check one of the power window switches. The switch on the drivers door for the passenger window will only work in one direction while the switch at the passenger window works both directions. I am thinking that I just have to clean or adjust one of the contacts in the switch.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
You must remove the complete door panel, then the stuff you need to get to removed after taking out a handfull of screws..

·
Registered
24 Posts
It's been a while, but as sbr711 says... the whole panel comes off. Not to bad. There's a few screws and a few popouts I think.

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
2 screws at the back edge of the door near the latch, one in the door pull, one in where the inside door lock/lever is. remove the little triangle piece of plastic inside of where the mirror mounts on the door (it just pulls off). then starting at the bottom pry between the door and the door panel and you need to go up the front edge and rear edge to relase all the clips. then lift up to unhook the top edge where it hangs inside of the window glass. you'll have to disconnect your window switch connectors to completely take the panel away from the door.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts