Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone heard of an issue with the power windows? My 2011 Sonota Limited's passenger side front window motor seems to be shot. It goes down fine but when raising after half way the it seems to start dragging and takes about 3 seconds to go from 3/4 of the way up to fully up. I will be taking it in but wanted to know if anyone else has heard of this or has had this problem.

Thanks in advance,

·
Registered
603 Posts
I dont know if the Sonata is like previous cars Ive had, but there is usually an adjustment screw or bolt inside of the door panel that puts tension on the window itself to keep it from rattling inside of the door. In some cases, this is just too tight, causing the window to slowly go up or down (usually up though since its fighting gravity).

In either case, its something a dealer should be able to adjust.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
When I was a tech at a BMW dealership a few years back, one of the most common warranty repairs was replacement of the window actuator assemblies. For some reason they seem to be susceptible to failure in general. Obviously Hyundai isnt BMW but I have seen common components (Siemens) so I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if history repeated itself...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts