Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Accent 3 dr 5 sp manual; 2010 Genesis Coupe 2LT track 6 sp manual
8,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my Genesis Coupe the drivers window keeps loosing the power window calibration. It will stop hard going down and does not do the window drop when opening the door.

I have calibrated it three times in the last two weeks.

Why does it loose the calibration? The battery was not disconnected.

Here are the instructions.

If the power window is not operated correctly,the automatic power window system must be reset as follows:
1. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position.
2. Open the window fully by manual down(press the front portion of the switch to the first detent position.).
3. Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position and to the ON position again within 2 seconds.
4. Press the front portion of the switch 3 times within 5 seconds.
5. Close the window and continue pulling up on the power window switch for at least 1 second after the window is completely closed.

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
16,930 Posts
Maybe the battery power supply was disconnected from the window motor though.
I'd suggest checking the wiring between the car body and the door for damage. If the battery supply wire is damaged the battery supply to the motor might be intermittently going open circuit which is the same as the battery being disconnected as far as the window motor is concerned.

·
Registered
8,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Could be. It has a safety module on the master window switch. Can't find much info on it but that is where the calibration is held in memory.

Unless it is part of the actual master switch I can't find it separate when looking online for parts.

·
Registered
8,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
what does number 4 mean?? Press the front portion of the switch. What?
The front or part pointing forward, is a two step switch. First step is a small retract, second is auto retract.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Another possibility is there is a grounding issue. When a ground is not secure, all kinds of strange behavior can result.

·
Registered
8,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
In my situation the window stop rubber had disintegrated. Apparently from the window track grease they used. It just dissolved them. :(

So I replaced the regulator. On my old one I used some Orings on the stop post and gorilla glue clear on the top one. Can't get an O ring around it. Sold it and never heard any complaints.

So if it happens again to me I'll just go that route.

·
Registered
1 Posts
On my Genesis Coupe the drivers window keeps loosing the power window calibration. It will stop hard going down and does not do the window drop when opening the door.

I have calibrated it three times in the last two weeks.

Here are the instructions.

If the power window is not operated correctly,the automatic power window system must be reset as follows:
1. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position.
2. Open the window fully by manual down(press the front portion of the switch to the first detent position.).
3. Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position and to the ON position again within 2 seconds.
4. Press the front portion of the switch 3 times within 5 seconds.
5. Close the window and continue pulling up on the power window switch for at least 1 second after the window is completely closed.
Thank you for posting this you saved us a service for this problem. It worked!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts