Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please I need help. This morning I turn on my 2011 Elantra gls 1.8 lit and the dash lights for check engine, abs and traction stays on, the tire pressure light is flashing, the level shift is lock. I try to scan the ecu or pcm but is say "communication data link error “ I can’t communicate with it . I think the tcu is failing. Can someone tell me if I am correct or what is the problem? Thank you.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think so, I will take it tomorrow. But I don't know if disengaging the
level shift and put it in drive will shift auto, maybe I will try it manually. Thanks for your response.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Call dealer as to shifting etc and just bring it in. Under warranty, diagnosing it seems like a waste of time, just bring it in.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
if you have to change gears and its locked due to the battery, there is a little rectangular door flap you can open with your key just above the 'P', and stick your key in there to disengage the lock. you should be able to change gears after that.

·
Retired Staff
11,818 Posts
Good advice.

The only thing I would do before calling the dealer is check battery connections for tightness. A loose cable can cause all sorts of weird problems, and is easily fixed in a matter of seconds.
Good call. Hope we find out the problem.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
They found the problem, the rats ate all my car wiring, they found
a nest under the carpet and dashboard.

·
22,793 Posts
Ouch! Rats! Again! You aren't the first to experience this. Sorry to hear about it. So, what's the solution down there in Puerto Rico? Anyone there come up with a solution? It happened to one of our members in Canada so it's not isolated to your area.

Not to make light of your dilemma, but if those folks over at Green Peace get ahold of this, I see another rally against Global Warming.

·
Registered
5,886 Posts
Not to make light of your dilemma, but if those folks over at Green Peace get ahold of this, I see another rally against Global Warming.
LOL Either that or they'll be lobbying the auto industry for mouse-friendly wiring. All that plastic sheathing can't be good for them!

Not a warranty problem. Insurance possibly depending on coverage.
Definitely an insurance issue, assuming the OP has comprehensive coverage for things like fire or vandalism.

·
22,793 Posts
Well, there we have it. Anyone wanting to upgrade to a 2015? Just need to get you some rats, let me have a little fun, and make the call. I also met a woman that was taking 2 gallons of gas home for her lawnmower. She got hit and the entire 2 gallons poured out into the cargo area of her 1 hear old SUV. Insurance company totaled the car.

·
22,793 Posts
Holy cow! Read the article. That's a little frightening. This would have to be an insurance adjuster's nightmare.

·
Registered
11 Posts
great... something else to worry about.. lol

im a maintenance mechanic at a recycling plant.. we have tons of rats! (literally im afraid) the ministry of health is in all the time.. were all fine

rat crap isnt great for you... but its not a huge hazard.. this whole article is about one species of mouse that has an infection.. dont need people freaking out or anything lol

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
rat crap isnt great for you... but its not a huge hazard.. this whole article is about one species of mouse that has an infection.. dont need people freaking out or anything lol
Understood....but if the authorities cannot identify what animal left it's baggage behind, they could assume the worst, as I mentioned happened to my Canadian associate who literally lost his freshly customized classic car over a couple of pieces of poop. They impounded it right on the spot, and he couldn't do a thing about it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
In my case they did to much damaged to the wiring that goes back to the car and into the dashboard where are the airbags are located it and the dealer can't guaranty the correct functionality of it. It is not safety. They said that the whole wiring of the car has to be change it. Is a hard job to do it and the wiring is not available here.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts