Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I don't actually own an Accent but I'm working on one. The problem we've run into is the small 4-6" steel line that connects the 2 rubber lines together has rotted out completely. I've called Hyundai and they sell the entire hose assembly for $305 which I chose not to pay because that's outrageous. So, we've solved the issue of the line, however we can't find fittings that fit. I was able to save one fitting, but the other one was chewed up in the process of removal. Does anyone know the exact specifications for the fitting size? I know it's metric, but beyond that I'm not sure. We went to Partsource and looked at every fitting they offer but had no luck in finding the same one. Thanks in advance.

-Brian

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Pressure hose or return tube ?

I"m trying to picture it, I put a couple sections of return line on here recently (couple weeks back)..

Describe where line starts/runs/pressure/return...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's the pressure line. Big banjo fitting off the pump, rubber hose runs down the RS engine bay, connects to a 4-6" steel line that's bent 90 degrees, connects to another rubber line, to another steel line and into the rack.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
I looked, and we do not have line in stock (Accent P/S lines dont move around here) to look at..

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Figured it out. The fitting size is M14x1.5 .. I used pre-flared line, got a crimp style 90 degree fitting and the p/s is back up and running :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts