Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1999 Hyundai Grandeur I Live in Australia the Power Steering Hose burst I went to get a new hose but have found out the Pressure hose listed for my Grandeur doesnot match the one on my car, After long investigation pulling hair out asking a lot of Question I have found out the Power steering Hose come from a 2.5 Lt and not a 30 Lt Grandeur the 2.5 were never imported into Australia yest this car was sold new here in Australia does anybody know how this may have happen and leads to the question what other suspension parts or steering parts have come from the 2.5 Lt Grandeur and how much difference is there between them as I couldnot buy the Pressure hose from Hyundai as it it is not listed so having to get one made up now , :whistling:

·
Premium Member
15,116 Posts
this is rather strange, , as far as l know the 2.5's do vary quite a bit from the 3.0's apart from the engine size it has a different gearbox and the interior trim level is different, there is a regular member here from europe that has got a 2.5 and he may be able to help you further. however it seams that you have got over your problem by getting a new hose made up this would be a far cheaper option than buying a new one from a dealer anyway. what does your interior trim look like? do you have the wood grain on the doors and center consul? with leather and power seats?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
QUOTE (Finny @ May 14 2010, 06:30 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=322750
I have a 1999 Hyundai Grandeur I Live in Australia the Power Steering Hose burst I went to get a new hose but have found out the Pressure hose listed for my Grandeur doesnot match the one on my car, After long investigation pulling hair out asking a lot of Question I have found out the Power steering Hose come from a 2.5 Lt and not a 30 Lt Grandeur the 2.5 were never imported into Australia yest this car was sold new here in Australia does anybody know how this may have happen and leads to the question what other suspension parts or steering parts have come from the 2.5 Lt Grandeur and how much difference is there between them as I couldnot buy the Pressure hose from Hyundai as it it is not listed so having to get one made up now , :whistling:
Hi Montego I have a basic Grandeur it has WoodGrain finish on the dash it has cloth trim 5 speed sequential Gearbox doesnot have woodgrain on the doors or Leather trim seats as I said I have the base model of the Grandeur the next model up from mine is badged as the XG Grandeur and has leather trim and all the extra. The Hyundai Dealer here thought I was Crazy until I showed him the pressure hose before getting it made up. then he was speechless so I dont know what to expect now

·
Premium Member
15,116 Posts
as in the u.s. you have had a choice of XG models in aus. in g.b. we have only ever had the top of the range model badged as the XG30.....................all you can do is see how things go in the future and hope you don't have anymore problems with spare parts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That is for sure I certainly didnot expect this one that for sure as for the Genuine Power steering hose for the Grandeur it would have cost me around $300 plus fitting, getting new hose made up cost me over $200 plus fitting I have noticed a difference in the racks between what is supposed to be on it what is on my car now when you look up the part using the VIN the correct Grandeur 30 comes up this is where everyone got confused it just one of those strange things that comes up from time to time.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes it was had new Power Steering Hose made up for $150 The Hyundai dealer couldnot believe it either he had never seen one before since they were never imported to Australia

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The Power steering hose you bought for your XG 350 will fit the Grandeur 30 except mine as you can see completely different belong to what I can see from pictures a 2.5 XG so it is very strange the one for your car would have cost me $315 for a Genuine one $110 for a secondhand and $180 for getting one made

1 - 10 of 10 Posts