Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a blown power steering high pressure hose and bought a new one for arounf $90. I am having a lot of trouble removing the nuts on the fire wall. The High pressure hose nut and the low pressure(return?) hose nut are very close together and can't seem to get a wrench that fits on any of them without hitting the other. Does anyone have any tricks or advice on how to get these stubborn nuts of so I can replace this hose? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Keep going, you'll get it..

Open end wrench, open end crow foot with swivel and long extension.. PIA, yes,,, impossible, no.., time consuming, yes.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I would try some more with recommendations. I dont have a open end crow foot with swivel but i would buy one. I already sprayed PB blaster with hopes of loosening it. Thanks again for a speedy response.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a Santa Fe, it was a PITA, but I got everything off. the only hard part was the connection to the rack. I sprayed some PB blaster as well. Had actually prayed to God for some help, Help received believe it or not. And I only used a 6" adjustable crescent wrench.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts