Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Santa Fe Sport Limited 2.0T AWD
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone.

I have a 2009 Santa Fe Limited with the Infinity sound system.

Last night driving home there was a split-second power pop/fluctuation in my centre console. The lights and sound turned off for a split-second. I didn't notice if this also happened with my driving console or exterior lighting system, but the wife seems to think that it was only the centre console.

Has this happened to anyone before? Any idea what could be causing this?

Either way, I have an appointment scheduled for Friday to have my local Hyundai dealership take a look.

Does anyone know what kind of tests they will perform? I would hate to have them say that they can't duplicate the issue or find anything. Would there have been any codes thrown when this happened?

Any advice/suggestions would be appreciated.

Cheers!

·
Registered
3,039 Posts
Hi everyone.

Last night driving home there was a split-second power pop/fluctuation in my centre console. The lights and sound turned off for a split-second. I didn't notice if this also happened with my driving console or exterior lighting system, but the wife seems to think that it was only the centre console.

Either way, I have an appointment scheduled for Friday to have my local Hyundai dealership take a look.

Does anyone know what kind of tests they will perform? I would hate to have them say that they can't duplicate the issue or find anything. Would there have been any codes thrown when this happened?

Cheers!
Seriously doubt they will find anything. Intermittent failures usually have to degrade and become very frequent before they can be run down.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Without any codes to dissect, the dealer will probably say everything is OK. If it's a system failure it has to happen 3 times before the CEL light comes on. However the codes are saved each time the error occurs until the third occurance.
If it's not system related, the odds are not in your favor for it to happen at the dealership.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Hi everyone.

Cheers!
By center console, do you mean where the radio/climate controls are? If you just noticed it on the radio, try smacking it and see if it'll do it again. Could be a loose pin in the connector.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts