Hyundai Forums banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Spoke to local dealer and tried to see if they would see me their demo but no go unfortunately. Going to check it out tomorrow, most likely put my deposit down on it.
Did anyone go with the beige leather? Like it?
Going to go with the luxury trim in either black or white but the lagoon blue doesn’t look bad either, gotta keep my eye out on the road to see some colours in the real world.
Did you guys go with an extended warranty?
I usually do about 25k kms/year and plan on keeping vehicle for 3-4 years, thinking the base warranty should do me fine.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Spoke to local dealer and tried to see if they would see me their demo but no go unfortunately. Going to check it out tomorrow, most likely put my deposit down on it.
Going to go with the luxury trim in either black or white but the lagoon blue doesn’t look bad either, gotta keep my eye out on the road to see some colours in the real world.
I usually do about 25k kms/year and plan on keeping vehicle for 3-4 years, thinking the base warranty should do me fine.
We wanted lagoon blue but ended up with typhoon silver. Still nice. Get the black leather if u can, I personally hate beige interior. Also if u look at the extended vs included warranty it hardly looks worth it but that's me and I'm an engineer and can fix anything.

Side note You WILL want a better charger. Pm me and I'll give you my cell number if you have any questions and I'll send you a pic of my new charger.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
We wanted lagoon blue but ended up with typhoon silver. Still nice. Get the black leather if u can, I personally hate beige interior. Also if u look at the extended vs included warranty it hardly looks worth it but that's me and I'm an engineer and can fix anything.

Side note You WILL want a better charger. Pm me and I'll give you my cell number if you have any questions and I'll send you a pic of my new charger.
Yeah it’s hard to gauge the beige interior from pics online, might just play it safe with a black interior.
My original deal a few months ago with the kona ev they were going to include a level 2 charger for free, I’ll see if they can include winter tires or the charger because a good one is around $1l if I’m not mistaken.

dealer is giving me the same trade in appraisal as they did back in August which I’ve since out over 5k kms which was nice.
And yes for sure, DM me your number I’m sure I’ll have a couple questions for ya, appreciate the help :)

·
Registered
2022 Tucson SEL
2,289 Posts
Well, I wouldn’t get a light interior as it will show the grime and wear. Exterior I have found that a silver or gray cuts down on the need to get frequent washings. Black is the worst for showing dirt.

Why would you need an extended warranty? Personally I think they are a scam. I get so many phone calls trying to sell me this junk that I refer them to the fraud department.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Lol I’ve always gotten an extended warranty but have never owned a vehicle long enough to need it haha.
I wish they offered the other variety of colours on the PHEV models. I’ll most likely go with a black interior, I have 2 young kids and they destroy the back of the vehicles.

·
Registered
2022 Tucson SEL
2,289 Posts
Lol I’ve always gotten an extended warranty but have never owned a vehicle long enough to need it haha.
I wish they offered the other variety of colours on the PHEV models. I’ll most likely go with a black interior, I have 2 young kids and they destroy the back of the vehicles.
Thst being the case, it was money down the drain.

Extended car warranties are a scam snd a rip-off.

·
Registered
‘22 Tucson Limited PHEV, Deep Sea Blue and black
52 Posts
Hey,
I’ve been in the market for a PHEV/EV since the summer, almost purchased a Kona EV but need more space for my growing kids. I was all set to buy a Chevy Bolt EUV then the stop sale hit and the vehicles been sitting on lot since September and just got word it won’t be until summer when they replace the battery and will be able to sell.

Already checked out Tesla, nice but not what I need. Test drove an escape hybrid also but it didn’t really appeal to me.
My Hyundai dealer has a 2022 Santa Fe luxury PHEV demo I’m going to take for a test drive and feel it might suit the best. They are telling me it will be a 2-3 month wait to order one.
Also considering a 2022 Kia Niro PHEV that my local Kia dealer has in stock but I feel like once I test drove both, I’ll like the more room in the Santa Fe.
I’m currently driving a 2019 Acura RDX and I drive a lot in town for work (40-80kms/day) and it’s costing me over $100/week in gas so I’ve been eager to start saving money.
Looks like this section of the forum is just getting started and already has some informational threads.

how is everyone’s gas mileage so far?
I just bought a Tucson Limited PHEV. It’s 4” shorter than a Sante Fe but the interior is actually larger as is trunk storage. Same exact powertrain and about $3,000 less. And a lot of them just arrived at dealers. If you’re in the East contact Charlie Runyan and Simmons Rockwell Hyundai in Elmira NY. No gouging, no BS.

·
Registered
52 Posts
My personal opinion is you should take a serious look at a 2022 Tucson Hybrid.

According to Edmunds, the cargo area is over 2 cubic feet larger than the Santa Fe. I do not like that push button shift, however. Not sure if that is in all models.

I don’t have the hybrid, but having driven one I can flatly state you will be pleased with the acceleration and fuel economy. If I drove a whole lot, I would have gotten one but my “regular” Tucson is really nice. I’m coming off the 2020 Santa Fe so know it well. If you shop around you can get a decent deal. Consider flying to a location if necessary and drive it back. I got my Tucson for the MSRP,
The Santa Fe and Tucson Hybrids and PHEVs are way more fun to drive than the gas versions. The gas versions are sluggish. My cousin is on her 5th Tucson and she regrets going gas this time as it’s doesn’t perform like her 2018 that she traded in.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey,
I’ve been in the market for a PHEV/EV since the summer, almost purchased a Kona EV but need more space for my growing kids. I was all set to buy a Chevy Bolt EUV then the stop sale hit and the vehicles been sitting on lot since September and just got word it won’t be until summer when they replace the battery and will be able to sell.

Already checked out Tesla, nice but not what I need. Test drove an escape hybrid also but it didn’t really appeal to me.
My Hyundai dealer has a 2022 Santa Fe luxury PHEV demo I’m going to take for a test drive and feel it might suit the best. They are telling me it will be a 2-3 month wait to order one.
Also considering a 2022 Kia Niro PHEV that my local Kia dealer has in stock but I feel like once I test drove both, I’ll like the more room in the Santa Fe.
I’m currently driving a 2019 Acura RDX and I drive a lot in town for work (40-80kms/day) and it’s costing me over $100/week in gas so I’ve been eager to start saving money.
Looks like this section of the forum is just getting started and already has some informational threads.

I just bought the Sante Fe PHEV - and am loving it more each day. I too had an Acura (MDX) and love not buying high premium/91 gas! I usually filled up every 10 days, and so far I still have 1/2 tank left and it’s been a month! I plug in nearly every night. So much more convenient!
The ride is even better than my “luxury” acura.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I just bought the Sante Fe PHEV - and am loving it more each day. I too had an Acura (MDX) and love not buying high premium/91 gas! I usually filled up every 10 days, and so far I still have 1/2 tank left and it’s been a month! I plug in nearly every night. So much more convenient!
Did you get a level 2 charger? They claim it’ll charge level 1 in 10+ hours. Mine takes 25 hours. Been waiting on my electrician to run a 240 circuit to my garage.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Hey,

Last year I was hot for the Honda Clarion PHEV. I put a DP with two dealers. But they were so hot that non were avilable in the east coast. Lucky me. I ended up with the 2021 Sonata hybrid limited. (Very happy I didnt buy the PHEV Honda clarion.) Here's why. The clarion only had a 400 mile range starting with a full small tank of gas. True if you commute daily 50 miles RT you can brag you dont buy gas any more. But there is lots of fussing. Setting up the home charger is $$ that should be calculated/amortized into the annual fuel costs and the juice aint free. . My Sonata limited hybrid only has a 13.5 G tank. Estimated 650 mile range. I can go from NJ to Disneyland with just one stop for gas. And still have 200 miles of range left in the tank when I get there. With no fussing overnight at a motel looking where to plug in during a rainstorm.
Summer I average between 55-60 mpg. At 60mph average highway. It does fall off to 50-55 doing 75 on the iinterstate. Winter time all EV's and hybrids will drop in range/mpg maybe 25-40%. Thats because the cabin heat comes from the engine coolant which calls for more ICE and less battery. In my view the Tesla types are all a joke in wintertime. Driving in bumper to bumper traffic in a snow storm the EV will use half its battery just to keep you warm And if you run out of battery I cant imagine any AAA happy rescue. So to me, EV's are very limited in applications.My Sonata Limited hybrid is a wonder with every technical advance available. 360 degree cameras and when parking, you get a 20 foot high birds eye view of the top of the car. It took me a while to figure out how its done. Very clever tho and i will explain if anyone else is mystified.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
I just bought a Tucson Limited PHEV. It’s 4” shorter than a Sante Fe but the interior is actually larger as is trunk storage. Same exact powertrain and about $3,000 less. And a lot of them just arrived at dealers. If you’re in the East contact Charlie Runyan and Simmons Rockwell Hyundai in Elmira NY. No gouging, no BS.
Ah I considered that but they don’t have a time frame on delivery, plus the exterior of the Sante Fe is more appealing to me. Both great vehicles for sure!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
I had a 2020 MDX loaner in for a month this year while dealer was trying to sort out issues with rdx. The Sante fe feels lightyears ahead tech wise, thank goodness they finally updated the mdx, but kept the same engine as previous gen, something more fuel efficient would’ve been nice.

I thought I would be slightly stepping down by trading in the rdx for the Santa Fe,but It’s quite a step up actually.

Took a 2022 PHEV luxury for a test drive and was sold immediately, ordered one in white and should be here in a cplmonths. I’m glad the Chevrolet bolt EUV fell thru, much more excited to get into this.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts