Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after months of no real noise from my suspension the pot hole of the Spring and steal plates in the summer have caused a problem with the suspension on my Hyundai Azera. I was in the car with my lady friend a few weeks back and noticed a rusty noise coming from the right front side of the car. Sound like something not just right. When I got home I walked to the front of the car and pushed down on the hood and I did hear a funny sound like a squeek cracking sound on the left side.

Still under warranty I took the car up to the dealer and explained the problem. The last time I took the car to the dealer they didn't hear anything but this time I made sure to tell them that there is something wrong with the front end and drive it slowly and you will hear a cracking rusty squeeky sound. Sure enough they found something and the links needs to be taken off and new ones put on so they neeed to order the parts. Thursday I will have them put on and I hope that is problem. Links what in the heck are links? It takes about a hour in a half to put them on. Just by going over a little bump I can hear noise, or even backing out of the drive. So we shall see if the links are the real problem.

Les

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just to keep everyone updated on my 2006 Azera suspension isssue I returned to the dealer today to get the links put on to my sway bar in the front end. That noise has been taken care of however the person who added the parts noticed that the right upper control arm also needs to be replaced as there is still a noticable noise in the right side. The part has been ordered and I will need to take the car back again next week.

Les

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Third follow up.

I took the Azera back to the dealer for the third time to get the replacement parts put on my front end. This time they put in new struts, and a upper right front arm.

I drove the car now two days and all noise in the front end of the car is almost gone. Maybe a slight noise from the left front but oh so slightly. I can't believe it for four years I heard the hollow sound and now it is gone? Well it is gone for now. Lately I been riding my Burgman 650 scooter trike to work and the Azera has been sitting in the garage. Monday I'm taking a small trip to Dayton Wright Patterson with the Azera. Then I will know more.

I was checking out the showroom at the dealer and so far the new Azera's haven't come in. I talked to the Sales Manager and he informed me that the Azera is really starting to sell for the person who wants a little more car with more options. Sonata sales are strong as well but the Genesis is lagging behind. I know I see more Azera's on the road the last few months.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Glad to hear that your 'noise' has been identified and taken care of......... let us know if there are anymore udates :thumbsup:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts