Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I hit a batch of pot holes that sent my car all over the place (mainly left front side is all ****** up). I took my car into three different shops before I went to my dads mechanic that we have been taking our cars to for as along as i have been alive (just want to hear what they had to say). The car is drivable but pulls to the left very badly. The left front wheel is pushed back towards the driver, so now I rub when I turn. They all said the same thing, nothing is noticeable bent, we would have to replace piece by piece of the suspension and the frame could be bent (they put the car on the rack to show me, I also see nothing that would be bent enough to throw off the alignment this much). My car is lowered (I got an alignment after I lowered it and everything but the camber was right on, which is correct because our cars don't have adjustable camber). Any ways the crazy thing is that my wheels were not even scratched (the suspension bent before the rim or tire). pics...

Attachments

·
Registered
4,624 Posts
Same situation I was in when I hit an ice bank at 5 mph... no noticeable wheel damage or noticeable damage in general really.... subframe and control arm and crap were bent. $3,000 in repairs.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
QUOTE (livinlarge @ May 14 2010, 10:43 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=322983
I don't want to involve my insurance because I filed a claim in October and my rates went up 40%.
ouch!!! Remove the front wheels and start comparing with a tape measurer. You can check the subframe/engine craddle by doing a diagonal check.

Check from the middle of the big mounting bolts (red and blue lines, the green arrow point the front of the car)

You can also check the control arm mounting points on the subframe.

It's important that you take measurements as precise as possible. You could also take a triangular measurement of both control arms to see if it's bent.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts