Hyundai Forums banner

361 - 380 of 397 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
2017 Elantra Limited

I was looking for the new features for safety, like smart cruise, lane departure, cross traffic, backup camera. Found out I couldn't get these without the ultimate package. I didn't actually want black, but of the four Limited with ultimate, all the dealer had were black. Well, I test drove this one, and didn't want to wait for another color...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
I was looking for the new features for safety, like smart cruise, lane departure, cross traffic, backup camera. Found out I couldn't get these without the ultimate package. I didn't actually want black, but of the four Limited with ultimate, all the dealer had were black. Well, I test drove this one, and didn't want to wait for another color...
Oh-man! High five for the picture! You’ve gotta be the first person to include a picture of their car along with a personal image of the owner.

Since following the concept drawings of the Elantra AD platform til they actually released the car in early 2016 I’ve noticed the owners fit a certain age bracket; mostly older gen. I haven’t seen a teenager/ in their 30 something driving the car. Very odd.

Anyways....awesome share! Keep posting your adventures/discoveries on the forum when you can.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Thanks for the kind words, Freeway Surfer

Oh-man! High five for the picture! You’ve gotta be the first person to include a picture of their car along with a personal image of the owner.

Since following the concept drawings of the Elantra AD platform til they actually released the car in early 2016 I’ve noticed the owners fit a certain age bracket; mostly older gen. I haven’t seen a teenager/ in their 30 something driving the car. Very odd.

Anyways....awesome share! Keep posting your adventures/discoveries on the forum when you can.
This will probably--hopefully--be my last new car purchase. My wife convinced me, since I had always bought myself the cheapest cars, even old well used ones, and kept them running reliably, that I should get this one sort as a reward for my frugality. After a test drive, I bought it. Got such a great trade-in on my 2010 Elantra (with less than 37,000 miles) I couldn't say no. Still have to get out that monster owner's manual now and then LOL.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
This will probably--hopefully--be my last new car purchase. My wife convinced me, since I had always bought myself the cheapest cars, even old well used ones, and kept them running reliably, that I should get this one sort as a reward for my frugality. After a test drive, I bought it. Got such a great trade-in on my 2010 Elantra (with less than 37,000 miles) I couldn't say no. Still have to get out that monster owner's manual now and then LOL.
I was just about to fly out the door to run a quick errand when I started to read this. Loving it. I’m somewhat conservative with spending at my younger age, but your story has my laughing at the awesome story behind your life. I really hope you drive this new platform a bit more than your 2010 Elantra. Shame on you if it just sits in your driveway most of the time. <kidding> I really gotta go, but your reply deserved a quick response.

Catch ya later on the forum or so I hope. :wink:

·
Registered
63 Posts
Can't help myself, driving this one more!

I was just about to fly out the door to run a quick errand when I started to read this. Loving it. I’m somewhat conservative with spending at my younger age, but your story has my laughing at the awesome story behind your life. I really hope you drive this new platform a bit more than your 2010 Elantra. Shame on you if it just sits in your driveway most of the time. <kidding> I really gotta go, but your reply deserved a quick response.

Catch ya later on the forum or so I hope. :wink:
This new one is already getting more highway miles. Couple of trips from here (Sherwood, AR) to the Rogers & Fayetteville AR area, then going to Atlanta GA end of May. Only good thing about keeping the mileage low would be the trade-in value. But not likely I'll be trading this one! I even splurged so the car is covered 10/100 on everything.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi folks, i'm a newbie Tucson owner after 8 happy years with the first generation Tiguan and i must say that my vehicle is really nice. I'm interested in some mods as i did many others on my Tig, one of the very first will be changing the stock steering wheel with the D-Cut steering wheel which comes in the new Elantra Sport.

I need the part code of the sport steering wheel in the new Elantra Sport (without paddle shifters, without heating, without voice recognition, with cruise control) and opinions about compatibility of this mod on a Tucson. Can anyone have a vehicle with this steering wheel pm me with the part code of it? Any help will be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Here is the photo of my stock steering wheel and the one i'm trying to have instead.

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Couple random pics of the sport. Second one is right after I debadged it today. So much cleaner!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Can you tell me what was involved with the debadge? I was under the impression there were holes under the badging. Thanks!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Couple random shots of my White Limited...

Finally finished my wrap/debadge project (handles, grille, roof, and switching the emblems to the wings from the Genesis, but marking out the actual Genesis part so I'm not acting like I can afford a $50,000+ car haha).

Love how it looks so far!

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hello all, new guy here! I am a first time Hyundai owner, picked up my new 2018 Elantra SE a couple of weeks ago. Life has been chaotic so I haven't had a chance to take a good pic of her but I should finally have some down time in the next couple of days (plus I can actually wash her without being snowed on....again).

So as a noob here, and lurking this thread at work all morning I have some dumb questions. I assume AD means Automatic Transmission (does the D stand for Drive?). I've already forgotten what else I was going to ask...HA!

Anyway, I love the car. Has anyone swapped out their halogen bulbs for LEDs? What has your experience been?

·
Registered
153 Posts
Hello all, new guy here! I am a first time Hyundai owner, picked up my new 2018 Elantra SE a couple of weeks ago. Life has been chaotic so I haven't had a chance to take a good pic of her but I should finally have some down time in the next couple of days (plus I can actually wash her without being snowed on....again).

So as a noob here, and lurking this thread at work all morning I have some dumb questions. I assume AD means Automatic Transmission (does the D stand for Drive?). I've already forgotten what else I was going to ask...HA!

Anyway, I love the car. Has anyone swapped out their halogen bulbs for LEDs? What has your experience been?
AD is just the model code the old model was MD as for LEDs I replaced mine right away, including the interior lights in my opinion it gives it a much cleaner look. However when switching the headlights to LED you will need a canbus error free adapter which will cancel out the bulb out warning on the dash and prevent any flickering due to LEDs running at a much lower wattage then the standard halogen bulb.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I actually have my low beams swapped to LED already and the ones I got locally here have the canbus adapter built in. The only problem is the heatsink/fan won't allow me to place the covers back on.

I have my reverse and plate LEDs on the way in the mail and I'll be switching out the interior lights to LED later on.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I actually have my low beams swapped to LED already and the ones I got locally here have the canbus adapter built in. The only problem is the heatsink/fan won't allow me to place the covers back on.

I have my reverse and plate LEDs on the way in the mail and I'll be switching out the interior lights to LED later on.
The set I bought I was able to tuck everything back into the housing and put the cap back on but I know of ppl who have had the same issue as you.. if you go on eBay you can get new dust cap covers that look kinda like a top hat that will give you the space you need. They're about $8-$10 for a set. Just make sure you get the right size.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Dust Cap

The set I bought I was able to tuck everything back into the housing and put the cap back on but I know of ppl who have had the same issue as you.. if you go on eBay you can get new dust cap covers that look kinda like a top hat that will give you the space you need. They're about $8-$10 for a set. Just make sure you get the right size.
If you happen to have a link, please send it to me. I'll start browsing through eBay now though.

I don't think it'll be a huge issue without them but it also makes me a bit nervous.

·
Registered
153 Posts
If you happen to have a link, please send it to me. I'll start browsing through eBay now though.

I don't think it'll be a huge issue without them but it also makes me a bit nervous.
https://www.amazon.com/iJDMTOY-Headlight-Conversion-Headlights-Aftermarket/dp/B01N2JSG28

These are what I was referencing just make sure you select the right diameter size. As for not making much of a difference it really depends on your climate. They keep moisture out of the housing and if you live somewhere where mositure is a problem then you can run into some issues that can be a real pita to correct.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B073QP6TZY/ref=sspa_mw_detail_6?psc=1
There's another set that gives a little more space and is sealed. However I'm not 100% on the gap measurements from the dust cap on your engine bay might be a good idea to take a tape measure and double check how much space you have behind the headlight to ensure they won't hit anything.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Trinity

OK, I've had her nearly three weeks and still haven't got some decent pics but the sun was out and the post car wash rain was brief and didn't TOTALLY get her dirty again but here's my new ride.

2018 Elantra SE Phoenix Orange (Canadian version):

I'll try to get some nicer pics at some point...in the meantime, I absolutely love the colour (despite a brief moment of doubt after I told the sales guy to bring it in from another dealership) but so glad I stuck with it. I have only ever seen one other in this colour in the wild and I like that!

Attachments

361 - 380 of 397 Posts