Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are a lot of options out there for front grilles and badge replacements and I thought a thread where you post your pictures would help others decide what they look like and what they might want. I had to do a lot of searches to find different options out there and usually the photos were poor quality.

I painted the Chrome Grille Piece on the hood a matte black and bought the flat black grille replacement on Ebay for around $90. I think it looks a ton better! I bought the YF rear badge on Ebay also for about $36. Now that they are both installed I think it looks sweet. I am constantly getting heads turning on the freeway, probably because they are trying to figure out what it is.

Installation was super easy for both the front grille and also removing the rear symbol and writing. Just wrapped a few loops of dental floss around two pencils used a hair dryer to soften the glue. Took everything off the back in about 5 minutes without a single scratch to the paint. Used some goo gone to get rid of any residue and then applied YF badge. There are videos on youtube.com for both the grille removal and also badge removal.

·
Registered
726 Posts
I think we have the same grill, just different colors...

I debadged my trunk lid. Its been smoothed and repainted to get rid of the indention where the crooked H used to be.

·
Registered
125 Posts

matte black grill and carbon wrapped the hood piece
Do you have any up close pics of the matte black and cf next to eachother? I was gonna wrap the whole grill in cf, but I kind of like the way this looks and may go this route and buy a matte black ebay grill or something.

Thanks for the pic! Looks great!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
****... there are some good looking grilles! I really like yours ukc213. Anyone have photos of their car with a carbon fiber wrap on the roof? I am thinking about getting that done and wanted to see some after photos.

·
Registered
438 Posts
IMO if you wrap the roof you should wrap the grill too like in jasen's photo! I think there are some pics of wrapped hoods in the picture threads on this forum and the normal 2.4 forum.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
IMO if you wrap the roof you should wrap the grill too like in jasen's photo! I think there are some pics of wrapped hoods in the picture threads on this forum and the normal 2.4 forum.
That is what I am planning to do once I get the wrap done on the roof. It should be pretty easy to wrap that top grille piece.

Thanks for the close up photos.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts