Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Post your photos of Aftermarket Front Grilles for your Santa Fe's!

IMHO the big cheesy chrome grill on our 2013 SFS Limited (Canyon Copper) and 2014 SFS Luxury (Cabo Bronze) are ghastly! :eek:

I see a few options on eBay but I also realize that not everything is on eBay.

Spread the love for your Santa Fe and post up some pictures of what you have done to personalize your front grilles! ;)

·
Registered
228 Posts
I actually like my chrome grill. but I would've dipped it in black if I had not have a white (or black) SFS. :)

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
I actually like my chrome grill. but I would've dipped it in black if I had not have a white (or black) SFS. :)
To OP, lots of posts in other threads of people modding their grills.

Funny, I think the blacking out looks best with white. Agree, too much on black.

Will be applying a satin 3M vinyl to the chrome grills on my XL/LWB this weekend, presuming it works out. If not, just may tear it all off. The dip matte is too flat for my liking, and the finish of the dip in general is not smooth enough to add the dip clear since it will only accentuate the textured finish. May good for others, but not good enough for my anal standards. Will post any results.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Picture! pictures!

I was quoted $150 at one shop to apply black vinyl over the chrome and $250 at the other shop for the same job. With all of those curves and creases it would be job to get it to look unwrinkled.

OTH. Both shops suggested that I take the grill over to get bed liner (Line-x) sprayed on so that no stone chips poke through and show the chrome! I hope they have non-textured product. ;)

By the way, I have a 2013 Canyon Copper SFS and my wife has a 2014 Cabo Bronze SFS.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Picture! pictures!

I was quoted $150 at one shop to apply black vinyl over the chrome and $250 at the other shop for the same job. With all of those curves and creases it would be job to get it to look unwrinkled.

OTH. Both shops suggested that I take the grill over to get bed liner (Line-x) sprayed on so that no stone chips poke through and show the chrome! I hope they have non-textured product. ;)

By the way, I have a 2013 Canyon Copper SFS and my wife has a 2014 Cabo Bronze SFS.
Might be cheaper to have it painted? Have them call you when they plan to paint a vehicle in the color you want it, and they can do it at the same time.

·
Registered
884 Posts
I don`t think that the OP was asking about 'modding' the SFS grill, he asked if anyone had installed a "after-market" grill..

If anyone has, I wouldn`t mind seeing some pictures either..

Anyone?

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Well, installed the vinyl tonight, and I am liking it. No wrinkles. It requires patience and lots of time. I will be posting results and some pictures tomorrow in the SF 7-seater LWB sub-forum.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Picture! pictures!

I know OP doesn't want the textured look of Plastidip, but $150 is still insane when a $7.00 can of dip can give you the same look. I applied three layers of glossifier to my wheels and they have a very nice shine to them now. I will be doing the same to the grille.

The price of the aftermarket grille option is also insane. I wanted to get rid of the giant floating H, but couldn't justify the price. My dip turned out great and I would recommend going that route unless you can lay vinyl yourself.

This is before adding glossifier.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I know OP doesn't want the textured look of Plastidip, but $150 is still insane when a $7.00 can of dip can give you the same look. I applied three layers of glossifier to my wheels and they have a very nice shine to them now. I will be doing the same to the grille.

The price of the aftermarket grille option is also insane. I wanted to get rid of the giant floating H, but couldn't justify the price. My dip turned out great and I would recommend going that route unless you can lay vinyl yourself.

This is before adding glossifier.
This is my color (Canyon Copper RR7) and I think that grill is spot on!! Great job! :D

·
Registered
22 Posts
Love the grill Decipher. I am going to do the same to mine, would just love to fine a chrome piece for the top of the grill(on the hood) to give it that finished feel.
Also have the Canyon Copper.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Plasti dipped and changed badge.

Hey Mik3, looks great. How hard was changing the front badge? Did you do the rear badge as well? Been looking at different sets on Ebay, never liked the flying H logo.

Also what brand / model is your hood shield, I usually do not like them but yours is very sleek.

Thanks

·
Registered
135 Posts
Has anyone done the grille in a plasti dip colour other than black?

I've got a Titanium Silver SFS and I'm wondering what the Gunmetal or Smoke colours would look like on my grille.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Has anyone done the grille in a plasti dip colour other than black?

I've got a Titanium Silver SFS and I'm wondering what the Gunmetal or Smoke colours would look like on my grille.
It's a cheap mod, try it out of you don't like it try a different color.
I have titanium as well but don't like the blacked out grill look

1 - 20 of 50 Posts