60K views 80 replies 47 participants last post by  Leplumbier 
#1 ·
POST YOUR MPG and MILEAGE

no reasons
no thoughts or input

just leave a number

i just want to see what is really "average"

#2 ·
My last tank ended at 23.8 of mostly city driving with 2 trips over 20 miles on the highway. This is the best i have gotten over a full tank. My current tank sits at 1/4 and it is at 19.6 and has no highway on it.

Mileage is about 1200 and It is a month and a half old.

#6 ·
My LX gets 23.8 mostly city some spirtied driving. Got 29.9 on the highway-at 70mph before switching to amsoil see below:

My wife's gl auto gets 27.7 same type of driving. The Gl brand new under 500 miles gave me 32.4 mpg at around 70mph on the highway, before installing the K&N air filter.

The LX (9,000 miles) is running amsoil 0W30W and the GL (3,000 miles) is running a K&N air filter haven't changed out the original oil yet but will be putting in amsoil 0W 30 and milage should go up!

I am very happy with the performance of both engines and their MPG.

#7 ·
20.1 on my LX (combined 60% City) and that is up from 17 MPG I was getting at less than 1000 miles. I was concerned but I drive 3 miles to work at 6 AM... a mile to lunch and back and then 3 miles home... I take the car out for longer drives on the weekend mostly... so I figure my engine barely has time to warm up and that is impacting my mileage. I make a point to take it out for long rides on the freeway when I can to keep the engine clean and give the engine a chance to run hot. I hope for small improvements after I hit 5000 miles (currently 2800) but I suspect due to my driving style and so many short distance trips I may never get the mileage some here do.

#10 ·
Originally posted by terkar@Feb 17 2006, 08:17 AM
amsoil 0W30W
[snapback]30026[/snapback]​

What is that oil? Never heard of ZERO W... Is that oil available in other brands? Have other posters here any experience with it? Lowering gas mileage??

I can guess that the ZERO is good for very cold weather (like right now in Chicagoland) but WHAT ABOUT SUMMER?

#12 ·
Originally posted by mamamia@Feb 17 2006, 11:28 AM
What is that oil? Never heard of ZERO W... Is that oil available in other brands? Have other posters here any experience with it? Lowering gas mileage??

I can guess that the ZERO is good for very cold weather (like right now in Chicagoland) but WHAT ABOUT SUMMER?
[snapback]30060[/snapback]​

Actually most 0W30 weight oil are THICKER than most 5W30's(some 10W30's too!) until you get way down there like around -25 and lower,that's where the 0W30 will start to catch up and pass them.So for most normal non extreme applications a 5W30 will pump faster than most 0W30's will.

BTW
The Amsoil 0W30 is nice but the UOA's i've seen on it shows it seems to have a habit of thicking a lot,like up to heavy 40W stuff. :whistling:

#16 ·
Originally posted by ohsnapitswillayy@Feb 16 2006, 09:53 PM
wowww 22.5 mostly city driving "spiritedly"

i must drive like an absolute maniac then....
[snapback]29987[/snapback]​

Yes but understand that in Canada our gallons are larger than the units you use State side. Our gallons here are Imperial so they are rated at 4.546 litres/gallon compared to 3.785 litres/ US gallon.

So when I say I drove it spiritedly understand that 22.5 MPG is the same as 18.7 MPG using a US gallon. :innocent:

#19 ·
Originally posted by dman1458@Feb 19 2006, 03:37 PM
Yes but understand that in Canada our gallons are larger than the units you use State side.  Our gallons here are Imperial so they are rated at 4.546 litres/gallon compared to 3.785 litres/ US gallon.

So when I say I drove it spiritedly understand that 22.5 MPG is the same as 18.7 MPG using a US gallon. :innocent:
[snapback]30258[/snapback]​

ahhh.
i didnt know that

anyhow
this week its been 16-17mpg. gas prices are making me see pink elephants
:460: :460: :460: :460: :460: :460:

#22 ·
That trip computer is about as believable as George W. My Sonata has 4500 miles and I've made two trips from Phoenix to San Diego. Speeds were from 65 to 75 MPH. I averaged 27 MPG - figured using actual miles and gas station receipts.

This is just a little better than my 2000 V6 Taurus and about 3 MPG better than my 4 banger 4-Runner.

I can't complain.

#25 ·
I took a trip to Toronto yesterday. I started the trip with just less than 3/4 of a tank and made it round trip (400 km) on that in some pretty heavy traffic on the DVP.

I filled up this morning and on that tank I had travelled 610 total Kms. It worked out to 29.5 MPG. I have to say I'm very impressed. :clap:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.