Hyundai Forums banner

61 - 80 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just took a 3 hour road trip to a winery in central Missouri. Great drive through country highways. Averaged 60 mph. Got 34 mpg in sport mode, which I always drive in.
On the flip side, we took a five summer trip to western Nebraska averaging around 80 mph in sport and for 30 mpg.

·
Registered
270 Posts
New Tucson Premium SE (UK) DIESEL 2 litre 185 PS engine automatic - based on fuel logs, not the dash (although the dask reading is nearly spot on):

For the first 1000 miles, I was getting 25mpg UK (about 20mpg in US gallons) mostly town driving

Post 1000 miles, my first reading is now 31mpg UK (about 26mpg in US gallons) mostly town with a 6 inter town trips.

I will have to see if that increase is consisent with running in, or if it was all down to the open road trips.

I have a trip to Devon+Cornwall next month - couple of hundred miles of smooth driving, so that will be interesting.

·
Registered
270 Posts
POST YOUR MPG and MILEAGE

no reasons
no thoughts or input

just leave a number

i just want to see what is really "average"
Just a comment, very late in the day:

You really need the engine and fuel type noted - otherwise it's a bit meaningless. A 185PS diesel auto is going to be very different to a 1.6 petrol.

Folks should also note if UK or US gallon (about 20% different) - I'm assuming it's all US unless stated.

·
Registered
270 Posts
What is that oil? Never heard of ZERO W... Is that oil available in other brands? Have other posters here any experience with it? Lowering gas mileage??

I can guess that the ZERO is good for very cold weather (like right now in Chicagoland) but WHAT ABOUT SUMMER?
I've seen 0W... in the UK.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
2016 Tuscon 1.6 turbo AWD. Last 850 mile trip was 29.93mpg with 3 people and a load of luggage. This included about two hours of backed up stop and go traffic.

·
Registered
129 Posts
2018 awd premium se

2.0 crdi 185 bhp automatic

so far..the cumputer is telling me 7.3l 100km's or 38mpg
mostly b roads and a little city driving. on icy roads and running with studded tyes..expect over 40 mpg on summer wheels

·
Registered
1 Posts
Car is brand new 46 to 48mpg 1.7 Diesel CRDI Blue Drive SE Nax 2WD which to my mind is terrible given I'm driving very steady for first 1000 miles. My BMW 2 litre diesel returned 56mpg..

·
Registered
9 Posts
Unbelievable 42MPG

YES 42 MPG!!!!

I was getting sub 30 mpg for some time (often 27 mpg) and in fact it seemed to be getting worse.
A friend suggested checking the engine codes... nothing there.
I thought the engine was running rough so gave it a fuel, Air and Oil filter change. That helped a bit but the engine was still running rough.
I checked the injectors by removing the wire from each injector in turn. Cylinders 2 & 3 hardly made any difference when removed and under 2000 rpm. I swapped the injectors round and the same injectors in the different cylinders did the same.
So I had all the injectors cleaned. HUGE difference now getting +32 mpg on the little dash computer... never had that before.
Checked brakes all around next, renewed tyres all around because some were near illegal and made sure all were inflated to their correct pressures.
That took me into getting regular +32 (sometimes 33 on the dash computer.
Last of all... a friend suggested I try a cheap OBD tuning chip that plugged into the diagnostic port.
I had it in a week of local running around... look fair with now +33 on the dash computer.
This week I filled up to the brim... Swansea and back (450 Miles) followed by Cambridge and back as well as a bit of traffic and motorway roadworks and M25.
593 miles before the red light came on and filled to the brim again 64.3 litres. Never had that many miles from a tank of diesel on ths Tucson.
64.3 litres = 14.144 / 593 miles = 41.925 MPG.

·
Registered
129 Posts
amazing mpg.
what exact model do you have...

best so far on mine is 38mpg...still running studded winter tyres so hoping to get close to 40 mpg on summer tyres..184 bhp diesel automatic mine.
i'm from wickford btw

·
Registered
129 Posts
did a long journey yesterday...
the fuel comupter has not been reset since we bought it..

40 MPG NOW..still on studded winter tyres...i expect 44 mpg on summer tyres...utterly amazing for such a big 4 by 4 car..

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi,

I have a JM Tucson 2006 - Manual gearbox 4wd. 1991ccm 113HP 83KW (Diesel)

Now doing local runs after refilling to the brim. Just moved down to first division notch on the gauge and reading 185 miles. I used to get 150 miles at this point on the fuel gauge so I'm well ahead already for just local driving.

·
Registered
129 Posts
4k miles on the car now

42 mpg now..engine has loosened up and this is a great car...the motor pulls hard is quick and now doing 42 mpg...real happy with this car..highly recomended..i cant find a single thing i dont like..

·
Registered
5 Posts
2016 Hyundai Tucson Limited AWD. Have driven ~53,000 miles as of date.

City: 25 mpg
Highway: 32-34 mpg
(Highest I have seen was 38mpg, on a long road trip, a few months back)

I recently upgraded wheels to Michelin A/S3+, so will be watching how the mileage is (i'm told it will go down).

·
Registered
270 Posts
What is that oil? Never heard of ZERO W... Is that oil available in other brands? Have other posters here any experience with it? Lowering gas mileage??

I can guess that the ZERO is good for very cold weather (like right now in Chicagoland) but WHAT ABOUT SUMMER?
Yeah - 0W is readily available in the UK

61 - 80 of 80 Posts