Hyundai Forums banner

21 - 40 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Just did a 75 mile highway only right around 65 mph in my LX with wife aboard---trip computer read 32.4mpg. My trip computer is very acurate, we have almost 10,000 miles on the odometer.

·
Registered
102 Posts
That trip computer is about as believable as George W. My Sonata has 4500 miles and I've made two trips from Phoenix to San Diego. Speeds were from 65 to 75 MPH. I averaged 27 MPG - figured using actual miles and gas station receipts.

This is just a little better than my 2000 V6 Taurus and about 3 MPG better than my 4 banger 4-Runner.

I can't complain.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I took a trip to Toronto yesterday. I started the trip with just less than 3/4 of a tank and made it round trip (400 km) on that in some pretty heavy traffic on the DVP.

I filled up this morning and on that tank I had travelled 610 total Kms. It worked out to 29.5 MPG. I have to say I'm very impressed. :clap:

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
Originally posted by dman1458@Feb 24 2006, 08:36 PM

I filled up this morning and on that tank I had travelled 610 total Kms.  It worked out to 29.5 MPG.  I have to say I'm very impressed. :clap:
[snapback]30836[/snapback]​

I assume you have the 4 banger, but that's still pretty impressive. Automatic trans , 3200+ pounds, and a good size body causing drag are tough on mileage.

·
Banned
4,119 Posts
A. It would be very beneficial if posters here would note the size of their engine, especially if they have a GLS which could be both a 4-banger or a V6...

B. Again, as was mentioned here before, the CANADAIN GALLON IS DIFFERENT THAN THE US GALLON... So we may be comparing apples to bananas...

·
Registered
101 Posts
Correct and my appologies. 24.69 US MPG. And my Sonata has the 2.4 litre 4 in it. Either number US or CDN is impressive to me.

I'm used to my Sorento getting 20 MPG CDN. :)

And as for the work I have a spreadsheet setup so that all I have to do is plug in the distance travelled and the Litres it took to fill it up. I convert all this to miles and CDN gallons to give me the MPG.

I use this as the official Canadian standard in Litres used/100kms travelled. we use this as km's per litre would seem pretty small when compared to MPG. :whistling:

·
Banned
4,119 Posts
It's time for you Canadians to start revolting, demand to measure anything in American standards, and to join the great United States of America, become the 52nd state. :beer:

·
Registered
101 Posts
No offence but no thanks. I love my country and would not want it to change in any way. Don't get me wrong I'm not bashing the US. :beer:

I love to visit your country but I guess I'm too addicted to free Healthcare to all and other social programs to let it go.

Yes there are quite a few "quirks" up here but IMO it is the best country to live and raise a family. :whistling:

·
Registered
55 Posts
USING TRIP COMPUTER, i RESSETTED THE LAST RESULTS AND TOOK OFF THE ESC GOT ON THE ROAD AND WAS ABLE TO GET 27.5 MPG WHICH IS PRETTY DECENT. WASN'T ABLE TO GET THAT WITH ESC ON. CAR ALSO FEELS MORE AGILE WITH ESC OFF. :clap:

·
Registered
17 Posts
I think it would be helpful for those of us that are comparing MPG to list the MPG from the Trip computer and the Average Speed from the trip computer. Reset them both and then do the mileage.

I recently did an over 200 mile trip (LX V6) and averaged 25 MPG according to the trip computer. 90% was freeway with the cruise set at 72 - 74. Average Speed of the trip was 56MPH.

·
Registered
70 Posts
First tank of gas on new Sonata. Driving with break-in (no speeding and such), 328 miles, 12.52 gallons, average 25.95 mpg.

I would say most of this was highwayish driving. We took the car for a nice cruise after picking it up. Mostly through the country and state route roads. Then two trips back and forth to work.

·
Banned
4,119 Posts
I'd say that the ONE SIGNIFICANT result of what we read here --- is that (unlike what i've been thinking and sometimes preaching) the Trip Computer, at least on the Sonata, is IMPRESSIVELY ACCURATE AND TRUSTWORTHY...

...One more good point. Nice job, Hyundai.

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
Originally posted by mamamia@Mar 7 2006, 06:03 PM
Trip Computer, at least on the Sonata, is IMPRESSIVELY ACCURATE AND TRUSTWORTHY...

...One more good point. Nice job, Hyundai.
[snapback]32029[/snapback]​

I agree it is very accurate on the highway, but lots of stop-and-go traffic may confuse it a bit. That's understandable, because I get confused too. Last time I tested it, I got 29.2mpg on the trip computer and measured. Can't get much closer than that! I'll test 1 more time, and if it's within .5mpg, I'll consider it gospel from now on.

21 - 40 of 80 Posts