Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

Registered
2014 Hyundai Accent Hatchback
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, since Winter is almost over, I'll be switching back to my Summer tires soon. I'm wanting to get new wheels and tires but really don't know what to get. If you have aftermarket wheels on your Accent, and don't mind sharing a picture to this forum, that would be greatly appreciated! Just looking for inspiration on size, design and colour. Thank you in advance!

Registered
2015 RB Accent-not so stock 馃か
Wheel Automotive parking light Car Tire Land vehicle Wheel Car Automotive parking light Tire Vehicle Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Car Vehicle

Konig Rewind wheels in 15x7 in size with a 40 offset and Yokohama S-Drive tires in a 205/55R15 tires. 馃槏馃
6mm billet hubcentric wheel spacers in the rear to match the front and a lighter weight setup than stock to boot. 馃榿馃槑

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Damn, those really suit the car well. I definitely think 7 inch wide wheels are the way to go!

Registered
Wow, they really censored that out. Anyways, they look really good!
Thanks. 馃檹馃徑馃
Those wheels are a copy of sorts of the Watanabe wheels from Japan. 馃槏
Automotive tire Wheel Alloy wheel Motor vehicle Bicycle part Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread Hubcap
Those are the wheels I actually want as they're rare and very expensive.
Even these Konig's are rare and have wanted these for years. $110 a piece isn't bad for the Konigs and NOBODY has these on their cars which is why I 馃槏 them so much. 馃榿馃槑

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wow, $110 isn't bad at all! I have a buddy at work who has wheels similar to that on his NA Miata, but I've never seen them anywhere else.

Registered
Wow, $110 isn't bad at all! I have a buddy at work who has wheels similar to that on his NA Miata, but I've never seen them anywhere else.
Yeah Miata and minicoop owners seem to like them.
They're really light wheels which is the main reason I bought them and haven't been disappointed at all.
If the Watanabe's had a 7" wide wheel I may have considered it and saved up for it but they don't.
Their looks though are classic Japanese wheels used world wide for show, grip, and drifting. 馃槏馃槑

Registered
Now that I pulled my **** box out of storage I'll join in. 16x8 40 something offset brand el cheapos, I think they are an off brand of American racing heavy as **** but we're 150 bucks for the set with 205 45 tires.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Oh those look pretty good. I was thinking of getting around the same size as you (either 16x7 or 16x8). Also, how did you manage to do the mod where you remove the front grille? I was thinking of doing it but I don't want to have any rocks fly in and damage the ac condenser or radiator. Have you had any issues with that?

Registered
I just cut it up with a cut off wheel where it mounts on the back side, I had to add some material to level it out because the Hyundai emblem comes into the grille surround too much and ruins the lines. So far no issues with rocks but I avoid gravel roads like I avoid my ex

Registered
Oh those look pretty good. I was thinking of getting around the same size as you (either 16x7 or 16x8). Also, how did you manage to do the mod where you remove the front grille? I was thinking of doing it but I don't want to have any rocks fly in and damage the ac condenser or radiator. Have you had any issues with that?
Don't do it.
Full open grill is inviting disaster. 馃槵
You could use an exacto knife or good box cutter to cut out the slots for better air flow and keep the stock look. Win win.
Same with the bottom half of the grill.
All my slats are completely open for full air flow and better cooling.

Car looks great @Recker. 馃槏馃馃憤

Registered
Those look pretty good! I've been debating on what size wheels to get. What size tire do you have on them? I'm sure there's not much room for a bigger sidewall.
Tire is a 205/40 R17 84V Yokohama BluEarth-Es ES32. I am sure a 45 profile will work fine and clear without issues. From the ride perspective, it's a small bit firmer but if you never drove on the 16" before you would not be able to tell a difference really (my car isn't dropped that's the stock height). The handling has improved ALOT especially cornering and high speed feels more planted (could be a combination of a better newer tire and the added stiffer wall/lower profile).

One of the main reasons I took this wheel besides it looking like an OEM wheel for the car was the offset/ET which is 38. This lines it up exactly the same as the 16" so there are no fender clearance issues (rear pic attached for reference).

Wheel Car Vehicle Sky Tire

Registered
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Tire is a 205/40 R17 84V Yokohama BluEarth-Es ES32. I am sure a 45 profile will work fine and clear without issues. From the ride perspective, it's a small bit firmer but if you never drove on the 16" before you would not be able to tell a difference really (my car isn't dropped that's the stock height). The handling has improved ALOT especially cornering and high speed feels more planted (could be a combination of a better newer tire and the added stiffer wall/lower profile).

One of the main reasons I took this wheel besides it looking like an OEM wheel for the car was the offset/ET which is 38. This lines it up exactly the same as the 16" so there are no fender clearance issues (rear pic attached for reference).

View attachment 457081
Oh ok sounds good. It looks really good with that setup!

Registered
2017 Accent SE Sedan 6MT

Top photo: 15x6.5 +38 Fittipaldi Monolithic's by O.Z .
I bought 3 of them for $50, dude selling them had no idea about what he had lol. The wheels themselves are from 1989/1990 and were made in Italy. Tire size as pictured is 205/50/15. I'd need to run a small spacer up front to clear the caliper brackets though.

Bottom picture: 15x6.5 +35 Avid AV08's wrapped in 195/50/15 Hankook Ventus V2's. The wheels just BARELY clear the caliper brackets up front. But for replicas, they've been pretty solid with everything from daily/spirited driving, to some track time at the strip.

Planning on running 195/55/15's for both sets, so the speedometer reading will be closer to spec.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Looking pretty good! How do you like the Ventus V2's? I saw them listed in the size I need, but heard mixed reviews about them. What's your opinion?

Registered
2017 Accent SE Sedan 6MT
Looking pretty good! How do you like the Ventus V2's? I saw them listed in the size I need, but heard mixed reviews about them. What's your opinion?
I love them honestly, best bang for your buck high performance all season you can buy if you ask me. I've ran those wheels on two other cars prior to this one. Definitely would buy again.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I love them honestly, best bang for your buck high performance all season you can buy if you ask me. I've ran those wheels on two other cars prior to this one. Definitely would buy again.
Awesome, I love to hear that, they will definitely have to be added to the list of tires I am thinking of getting.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts