Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it possible to stop the safety warning that displays on the LCD every time the car starts and annoyingly requires pressing confirm each time?

·
Registered
46 Posts
It goes away if you wait about a half a minute - believe it is mandated by federal law - my old GPS stand-alone unit did the same thing.

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
Ha, give us all these fancy toys to play with, but not only a warning, may find some functions that won't work at all while driving. Not only you, but also your very capable front seat passenger.

Rode with my son on his late model Chrysler, granddaughter in the rear seat needed to use the rest room, his GPS would not even let me do this, had to pull over on a busy interstate and put it in park first, and was not easy for him to get back on.

Least our factory GPS in a 2017 Elantra will let us find a gas station while driving, but if my wife is looking for a store, she is out of luck, have to pull over first and put it in park. But her iphone worked to find it, so ways to work around it, will even work for the driver, but need to use two hands for this, explains why so many people including us are getting rear ended.

Some also have a DVD player on the dash radio, but that only works when parked, how often is this used, if at home, works, but get a battery low warning, start your engine in your garage and die of CO poisoning, and most of us have a large flat screen to watch.

Android or Apple auto also works for us, but lets us use voice commands while driving. But does not work if out of cell phone range.

Kind of a OEM manufacturers GPS liability thing, but common sense use to work.

·
Registered
669 Posts
What @NicholasD said ("Kind of a OEM manufacturers GPS liability thing, but common sense use to work.") is the best answer.

You can just ignore it, and it goes away after a short time. It is required for liability purposes, in other words Hyundai (and whoever wrote the software) are covering their rumps in case you do something like assume you can turn where a map tells you - even though common sense and eyesight tells you it's not there any more. For one thing, it tells you that there might be mistakes - which should be a "duh, no sh!t" kind of thing. Of course there are errors, roads change every day, and in most cases the maps cover vast areas of one or more countries.

Without the source code, I don't think you can avoid it. Just ignore it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Ha, give us all these fancy toys to play with, but not only a warning, may find some functions that won't work at all while driving. Not only you, but also your very capable front seat passenger.

Rode with my son on his late model Chrysler, granddaughter in the rear seat needed to use the rest room, his GPS would not even let me do this, had to pull over on a busy interstate and put it in park first, and was not easy for him to get back on.
Which is why I like our aftermarket Garmin. Sitting on the dash, it has no clue of what the state of the car is at any given time, so your passenger can do whatever searching needs to be done, without the device playing the part of obnoxious nanny.

Some also have a DVD player on the dash radio, but that only works when parked, how often is this used, if at home, works, but get a battery low warning, start your engine in your garage and die of CO poisoning, and most of us have a large flat screen to watch.
What I would like for a DVD device in a car is a DVD-data reader, so I could load a set of MP3s onto disk (when the CD-R won't hold enough). You can do the same with USB reading car stereos, but having a stack of DVDs is still cheaper, and you can make various sets of music, rather than all shoved on one bigger USB.

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
What I would like for a DVD device in a car is a DVD-data reader, so I could load a set of MP3s onto disk (when the CD-R won't hold enough). You can do the same with USB reading car stereos, but having a stack of DVDs is still cheaper, and you can make various sets of music, rather than all shoved on one bigger USB.
Ha, years of 8-tracks, cassettes, CD's with this stuff lying all over the place, and try to find what you want while driving, not a good idea.

I love my USB stick.

Oh, no belts in a USB stick, those other things all had belts that would slip and break and are extremely difficult to find. And then the media would be stuck in there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts