Hyundai Forums banner

Possible to replace inner/trunk lens cover?

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  masspector 
#1 ·
I discovered today the lens cover on my drivers side inner/trunk light assembly was broken. I've glued a few of the big pieces back into place but there's still a hole in it and I'm going to need to fix it. Does anyone happen to know if it's possible to replace just the plastic lens cover or do you have to replace the entire light assembly itself? And if you can replace just the lens cover does anyone have a suggestion for where to get one? I've done the Google thing and can't seem to find the lens, just the entire light assembly (and they aren't cheap).

#2 ·
As far as I know you have to replace the entire light assembly and not just lens cover. You can get them on Ebay, Korean sites, but also be sure to check Hyundai dealers that sell online that might be close to Ebay. Be sure you look for specific assembly piece based on your car year, model, with or without LEDs and so on. Nothing can be more frustrating than right size but wrong type. Good luck.

#3 ·
Is it the stock non turbo light? I replaced all my tail lights with the turbo led ones. I was gonna offer to sell you one if mine buy eBay has them available (used and in excellent condition) starting at $80

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

#4 ·
I drive a 2.0T Ultimate so I need the version that has the LEDs in a strip above the reverse light. It's really a bummer that it appears you can't just buy the lens as replacement. I get that they need the unit to be sealed against weather but it's an outrageous amount of money to spend to replace a broken piece of plastic.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.