Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have an 05 Elantra GT. We also just got an 04 Santa Fe, which didn't come with remote key fobs. Wife ordered 2 for Santa Fe also ordered 1 more for our Elantra (we only had 1).

My questions are 1. is it possible to reprogram the ETACM on the Elantra my self or does it have to be done by a dealer and 2., if I can do it my self where is the ETACM on the 05 Elantra?

One link here sent me to a guide for the 01-04 but said 05's and up had to be done by a dealer.

Sam

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
We use GDS majority of the time to program remotes to vehicle... you have to both remotes at same time,,, not 1 today and other tomorrow..

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
QUOTE (sbr711 @ May 6 2010, 06:22 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=320351
We use GDS majority of the time to program remotes to vehicle... you have to both remotes at same time,,, not 1 today and other tomorrow..
Yes I know you have to have both at the same time, in fact they arrived today.

And what is GDS?

Just trying to figure out if I can re-code the ETACM or if a dealer does. I read some info that says I can, other info says no.

Sam

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
QUOTE (scajjr2 @ May 6 2010, 10:24 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=320433
And what is GDS?

Global Diagnostic System --> Laptop with external module to plug into car, has everything contained within, more versitile than the older Hi-Scan

Just trying to figure out if I can re-code the ETACM or if a dealer does. I read some info that says I can, other info says no.
Plug in GDS, enter VIN, select Code Saving, follow prompts, done
Sam

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am looking to buy a 2nd key fob since I bought a used 2005 Elantra Hatchback last fall since there was only one key fob.
My question is what are my options to get both key fob's re-programed? I stopped at one dealer & was told they would only program them if I bought one through.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
QUOTE (willyneu @ May 19 2011, 10:33 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=448272
I am looking to buy a 2nd key fob since I bought a used 2005 Elantra Hatchback last fall since there was only one key fob.
Buy a remote..

My question is what are my options to get both key fob's re-programed?
Take both remotes to dealer, and ask to have them proramed to vehicle, they will likely charge you a nominal fee to hook up equipment to access code saving and program to car.

I stopped at one dealer & was told they would only program them if I bought one through.
Maybe for free, but they should do it for a nominal charge.. unless they dont want your money.. Andrew Jackson works for me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts