Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of my most distinct impressions from my test drives has been the height of the driver's seat. I don't and have never liked high-riding vehicles so this does not appeal to me at all. I understand they are trying to market to the polar opposite point of view to mine, and that is fine so long as... I can lower my driver's seat!

I am 6'4", way too fat, and DO fit in the car nicely, with plenty of headroom, its just that it would be very nice to sit a little lower. I dont have my car yet so I cant poke my head in under there to take a look.

This topic brings up an old memory from when I was a kid and my dad cut down the rear legs of the driver's seat on our then-brand-new '76 VW Rabbit. All he did was take about 1" out of the round tubing that made up the legs, then join the remaining bits together with pieces of slightly smaller tubing and some machine screws. Worked well.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE (OMEGA_WEAPON @ Sep 22 2010, 02:44 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=358053
I'm 6'0" myself and I found out that there is a lever that adjusts the incline of the seat. Moving that to the lowest setting doesn't help?

yeah that helps but i still feel like Im jacked into the air. When i get my car next week (finally!) Ima take a look into this!

·
Registered
589 Posts
I'm 5'11" and just 155#, and also think the darn seat is too high, especially the front of it. Maybe it's due to the motors, as I see the passenger (manual) seat much lower. It'd be okay if I could lower the front portion more, but since I can't, I'm forced to raise the rear or the seat or the back of my knees start to hurt in a hurry. No reason why the front doesn't lower more; plenty of space. Oh well.

·
Registered
24 Posts
hmm, I'm barely 5'6 and I have the opposite problem. I think the seat is too low! I like to have my arm on the window. I can raise the seat up to a more comfortable level but I feel like I'm up at the top edge of the windshield which is slanted too much.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Funny, I'm 6'3" and I got the power seat in my GLS so I could raise it. I find it more comfortable on my legs to have some bend.

·
Registered
343 Posts
All models can have the driver's seat raise or lower...even on the base GLS. To lower the seat, I think instead of pulling on the lever you push on it...

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
QUOTE (herr_howard @ Sep 29 2010, 08:18 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=359570
All models can have the driver's seat raise or lower...even on the base GLS. To lower the seat, I think instead of pulling on the lever you push on it...
Uh, i meant lower than the lowest available setting via the stock adjuster. Even cranked all the way down I still feel "too high"...

·
Registered
27 Posts
Good to know, Herr, if it's true. I drive an SE model and the seat is perfect. Nice & low, just how I like it. I am tall so I like my seats all the way back and as low as possible. I had a nail in my tire so they gave me a loaner GLS model to drive for a day. The seat was so high, it was uncomfortable to drive. I was amazed at the difference. Most cars do have the option to adjust the height of the seat, but I haven't been able to figure it out in the Sonata.

·
Registered
589 Posts
QUOTE (robspeedGLS @ Sep 29 2010, 08:34 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=359574
Even cranked all the way down I still feel "too high".
Same here, especially the front of the cushion. Compare it to the passenger seat and it seems like a foot higher. Probably the result of cheap, bulky seat motors. Nothing we can do.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Lower the drivers' seat?

Easy -

just let some air out of the tires!

·
Registered
28 Posts
I just wish we could raise the passenger seat! My fiance is only 5'2" and she feels uncomfortable because she can barely see out the window!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts