Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm laughing at this but the more i think about it it may work. Anyway, I just read that if you have a vehicle with keyless entry and lock yourself out, try this to solve your problem. If you know where another fob(beeper is) call that location ie: home on hook. Instruct person to beep the keyless entry into the phone while you hold your phone near the driver door lock. Presto!!! Distance should not be a problem. :)

·
Registered
940 Posts
I'm pretty sure that won't work. Telephonic systems carry voice frequencies -- audible, about 400hz to 4,000hz. Far from hifi which is about 30hz to 20,000hz (the limits of audible sound).

FWIW: This is why VoIP uses about 100kbs of bandwidth a tiny fraction of your internet bandwidth (compared to streaming a hifi music, which itself is far lower frequency than ultrasonic sounds like where your remote operates).

Your remote is somewhere in the 315,000,000hz (mega or mhz) range. Trying to transmit that through a phone would be like pointing your television's remote control (infrared, just another high frequency) into your phone and hoping to change your friend's channel on the other end. :)

I could be wrong. You could test it at home. What I did for a lockout condition is have a key made at the dealership ($70) and stuck it under the car using one of

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
I'm pretty sure that won't work. Telephonic systems carry voice frequencies -- audible, about 400hz to 4,000hz. Far from hifi which is about 30hz to 20,000hz (the limits of audible sound).
You're absolutely right. There's no sound involved.. The key fob emits a radio frequency signal. A telephone has no means of detecting a radio signal, let alone passing it on through the phone network.

·
Registered
648 Posts
who emailing to MYTHBUSTERS :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts