Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I just bought a 2009 Santa Fe 3.3L FWD with just under 98000 KM on it... That give me about 2000 KM in which to find and have fixed any issues that might be covered by warranty. Perhaps someone out there could tell me if any of the following are known issues or things that sound familiar:

- The suspension, particularly the rear, seems to ride hard over even small bumps. Lots of thudding from there. I've read that the Santa Fe has a pretty stiff suspension but this seems a bit much, particularly compared to the Ford Escape I drove previously.

- The radio backlight has flicked off once or twice in the past couple of weeks. There was no interruption in the sound.

- When the headlights are on and the ESC kicks in, there is a noticeable flickering.

- I tried to start the vehicle earlier today and all of the lights and the radio came on but nothing happened. On about the third try there was a pause of a couple of seconds and then it started to turn over. After this it worked fine.

I've searched these forums but haven't found anything that quite addresses these issues. By the way, the battery is a brand new Hyundai unit.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
168 Posts
I was having trouble starting my 2010 this weekend. Sometimes it would be fine other times the starter would just click. Last night I unbolted the 2 bolts for the grounding strap. There was some corrosion on them. I cleaned them up with a wire brush and installed them with some dialetric grease. There is a noticeable improvement when cranking over. Let's hope this fixes the intermittent starting issues.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info! I'll definitely check the integrity of the grounds carefully. For the sake of thoroughness, I'll probably perform the voltage drop tests mentioned in the TSB as well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts