Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm in metrovancouver bc - east of the fraser, 12 miles or so north of the washington state border.

a particular situation unfolding MAY result in me parting out/downgrading my car within the next month or so.

IF it happens, i'd be willing to trade my parts for your parts + cash & would help you do the labour swapping them from car to car.

so, if you're in one of the 604, 250, 360, 206 area codes or surrounding areas & have a base or mid trim level car, then IF it happens virtually everything & anything that's an upgrade from your model vs. mine may be up for swap grabs - heck, even the 5 speed transmission if you are mechanically inclined and want to go that far with the actual labour work.

car has 66k kms on it. blue onyx paint. some paint chips/scuffs/scratches but no body damage. one minor curbage accident, wrecked a winter wheel, strut & bent the subframe. had everything replaced professionally with brand new oem parts.

the quick list that comes to mind:

16" alloys (couple curbage scuffs, but in good-great shape overall) w/ stock 205 wide kumho's
stock stiffer lower sport suspension springs (are the shocks/struts different too? then i have them)
front strut bar
aem short ram intake
the extra couple speakers in the sound system, heck the deck too if it's better than yours
leather wrapped steering wheel
leather wrapped shift knob and boot
5spd transmission?
air conditioning? lol
power anything & everything you want to do the work to swap between cars? (pdl, pw, alarm, p heated mirrors, rear hatch wiper)
power sunroof? LOL (sawzall anyone? :p)
body panels to replace your damaged ones? :p
that overhead console with the glasses holder, lights, sunroof switch etc.
oem rubber all weather floor mats
oem rubber hatch floor protector
parcel shelf if yours is trashed
anything & everything etc

and i have a set of 4 hancook i-pike ice & snow winter tires on 14" steelies. one wheel is damaged beyond repair & requires replacement. it's a 14" unique wheel aka style number 83 from discount tire in the usa & can be shipped close to the border for a total of about $60. (that way you have the identical aesthetic hole pattern vs. mismatched.

i do also have the badarse hella dynaview lights & carr lightwing mount, as well as my scanguage II - but i may just hang onto them both for my next vehicle.

perhaps there are 2-3 different drivers out there that want various parts & we can make a swap weekend party of it at a couple different garages/driveways depending on required tools etc.

if this happens, it'll be pretty quick - inside of 2 months MAX, more likely less time.

moderators:

this is entirely legitimate. it's my car. no funny business. if a mod/admin needs confirmation of this, feel free to pm for personal info as to why i'm posting this.

3G accent drivers:

post in this thread if you're interested in anything you want to swap for your lower level stock (or aftermarket) components if i go ahead and do this. pm me if you'd like to talk number$ or make any offers on anything.

essentially the car has to remain a complete car & drivable, ideally with all hyundai oem parts, but i'd like to be able to swap out as much as possible for a bit of cash for myself as well as to give other 3G drivers a fair deal on oem upgrades.

·
Registered
810 Posts
I know things happen and sometimes you need cash, but you know that in the long run you may really regret this right? Your car's value will plummet to unbelieveable amounts if you do this and we're not talking about a car that all that valuable in the first place. Were I you, I'd look into getting a small loan from a bank before destroying my car, parting it out, and replacing it with damaged/crappy/lower trim pieces. Anywho, that'll be all from me and hopefully everyone else - if you can't do it, you can't do it and if this is all you can do then good luck!

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I appreciate your concern, but it's a much grander situation than the simple recommendation you made above can fix.

feel free to pm me if you require clarification.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,

I'm driving through your neck of the woods in about a week and I'm interested in a strut bar and wheel upgrade. If you're interested please email me at matthewjdouma(at)gmail.com with pics.

Thanks

Matt

·
Registered
763 Posts
are you doing anything with the interior panels/dash? & would you be interested in shipping to the states?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts