Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have very loud road noise coming from the front tires on my 2007 Santa Fe. It seems to be mostly the front right. I have had the alignment checked and it passed without needing any alignment changes done. Also had the tires balanced. You can feel a slight vibration in the steering wheel so I think it is more than just road noise from the tires.

How can I check to see if it is a wheel bearing that is bad?

Thanks!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE (PoMansAWD @ Sep 20 2010, 12:19 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=357426
You find this less and less common today. Today's sealed bearing hub assemblies rarely exhibit a wobble you can feel by lifting the vehicle and trying to shake the wheel. I know I couldn't feel it that way at all on the 2 minivan failures I had. I suppose if you let it get REALLY bad you might get some wobble.

Joel

Thanks for the suggestions! I initially thought it could be the tires and had them rotated and balanced since both were included in the tire purchases. If my memory is correct, the noise didn't move because of the change in tire positions. It remains in the front of the SUV. I'll give the turning while driving a try. It is noticeably louder between 55-65 mph. When I definitely had a road noise problem because of the tires, the faster I drove the more quiet it became. This time it is the opposite.

Thanks!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.