Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently done work on my front end including struts, bearings, axles, sway bar links, control arms, upper and lower bushings, ball joints and wheels and tires. I solved a vibration issue but now when im turning the steering wheel at all it makes a popping sound and it only does it once. I know one of my outter tie rods are bad but i cant for life of me get it off. Ive sprayed every kind of anti-seize, penetrant, kroil etc. on it and it wont come off.

Any ideas for getting it off or for where to look for the popping?

Thanks.

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I checked torque specs every time i was under the car whether i touched it or not just to make sure they were tight. I checked wheels and tires with OEM, aftermarket with rings and OEM aftermarket wheels. ALL with completely new tires and rotated a dozen times. The car has now been released from my care and the last work i did on it was by putting thicker hub centric rings on for the aftermarket wheels. Vibration got slightly better. We took it to about 5 shops and they all asked the same question whether the car was wrecked and something wasnt fixed the first time properly, so, something gave off that vibe to them so my best guess is it was wrecked and kept private instead of reported. So, best of luck to you guys and your cars.

And no, i did my struts by hand but had them checked.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.