Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
I am stuck with a problem and hope you can help. My Terracan has become hard to start on cold mornings. I have gone through all the usual tests but I am confused. I understand the system of 2 heater plugs in the air intake. when I switch on the ignition I have no power to the rear plug. the fuse is ok and I have power to the switched side of the relay. the earth is good on the relay and I have power to the relay. when I test the relay I can hear it switching but I do not get power out to the plug. It is pointing to the relay being faulty but Hyundai want over £65 for the relay. I want to be sure before I change it and was wondering whether anyone has got any ideas or cheaper suppliers for relay.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hi All. Problem now worse. Not relay problem. that all checked out ok. Terracan now takes up to 30 seconds to start. but once running all is ok. even if engine is hot and i switch off then try to restart the same amount of time is required to start. EML light comes on after 15 seconds of cranking and fault code is p1119. Fuel pump? Fuel pressure is good though and no swarf in fuel filter. any one have any idea where to go to next?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts